Project

General

Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner

Added by Stephen Neal over 5 years ago

Hi all

This looks like it could be very good value if Open Source drivers appear for it : http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/digital-tv-tuner#fbid=1ui_UaaGUzy GBP£25/EUR€30 for a DVB-T/T2/C USB tuner for use with the Microsoft Xbox One (but like the Sony Play TV presumably usable on any PC platform if Linux drivers appear)

Replies (388)

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by C vH about 1 year ago

but your repository for nightly TVH builds seem to be down

yes should be fixed this week (wrong bank account at the provider -> not paid :P )

can't register on Libreelec

currently closed due HEAVY amount of chinese crap spam (2k messages in 1h)

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by Hilman Chung about 1 year ago

C vH wrote:

but your repository for nightly TVH builds seem to be down

yes should be fixed this week (wrong bank account at the provider -> not paid :P )

ha, no worries, would you mind to put the latest test builds on dropbox or google-drive? The site is still down and I would like to mess around with my rpi this weekend...

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by C vH about 1 year ago

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap8mNU55Kk6C3Tu8qNMuDfyd1_aj

have fun :) hopefully everything is working soon again

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by zil dan 4 months ago

My configuration:

HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1857
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-76-generic x86_64)
DVB-C with 4x Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner

VAAPI i915 v1.6.0 (/dev/dri/renderD128)

In short I have the following configuration:
With hardware profile, all DVB-C channels on QAM64 tp work perfectly.
On QAM256 TPs errors occur and after a while the h264 hardware decoder is blocked until the channel is changed.
If I uncheck Hardware acceleration the viewing can be done despite the stream errors.
It is obvious that the problem comes from the USB tuner or more precisely from the drivers, but there could be a change in the TVH to restart the Video stream in libav.

Attach a log:

02:52:07.439 libav: AVCodecContext: reference picture missing during reorder
02:52:07.439 libav: AVCodecContext: Missing reference picture, default is 66123
02:52:07.771 libav: AVCodecContext: mmco: unref short failure
02:52:24.677 TS: DIGI/442MHz/DIGI Sport 3 HD: H264 @ #1711 Continuity counter error (total 2)
02:52:36.939 TS: DIGI/442MHz/DIGI Sport 3 HD: H264 @ #1711 Continuity counter error (total 3)
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: Found reference and non-reference fields in the same frame , which
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext:  is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. ([email protected])
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: decode_slice_header error
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: Failed to upload decode parameters: 18 (invalid parameter).
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: Failed to end picture decode after error: 18 (invalid parameter).
02:52:37.002 libav: AVCodecContext: hardware accelerator failed to decode picture
09:37:13.088 libav: AVCodecContext: Missing reference picture, default is 95603
09:37:13.230 libav: AVCodecContext: reference picture missing during reorder
09:37:13.230 libav: AVCodecContext: Missing reference picture, default is 95610
09:37:13.347 libav: AVCodecContext: reference picture missing during reorder
09:37:13.347 libav: AVCodecContext: Missing reference picture, default is 95618
09:37:13.347 libav: AVCodecContext: mmco: unref short failure
09:39:04.717 TS: DIGI/442MHz/Channel HD: H264 @ #1711 Continuity counter error (total 9)
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: Found reference and non-reference fields in the same frame, which
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext:  is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. ([email protected])
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: decode_slice_header error
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: Failed to upload decode parameters: 18 (invalid parameter).
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: Failed to end picture decode after error: 18 (invalid parameter).
09:39:04.813 libav: AVCodecContext: hardware accelerator failed to decode picture

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by Gurabli Gurabli 3 months ago

Hi,
I am thinking to get one of these for DVB-C on Rpi2/3 running Dietpi or Nanopi Neo2 weith Dietpi or Armbian.
Will run Tvheadend. Provider DIGI Hungary.

Any info if it is working fine for DVB-C? Low or high freq too? No continuity or lock errors?

RE: Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Added by Walter av 3 months ago

Hi Gurabli Gurabli,

Sadly for the Xbox tuner low and high frequencies errors on DVB-C qam256, the least was ~15/20 an hour both on shielded, correctly wired, filtered and amplified setups have been tested. Only DVB-T2 has been fine if reception is clean/strong with external antenne H265&AAC with FTA 1080p50. The results were similar on RPI3 vs x86.

If you want a correct working (dual)tuner for DVB-C use the "Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD 01590" (USB id 2040:0265 Hauppauge) or go HD-homerun quad.

You may even find a triple tuner, with iptv capabilities but not compatible yet with Tvheadend or Satip(tuner sharing) like the [email protected] HD530C TRIPLE DVB-C which may cover you needs.

Hi Walter,
Sorry to hear, I thought the Xbox tuner will work fine.

So you say the Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD 01590 is working perfectly with DVB-C, no problems at all? I already looked at this stick, but didn't find anything that confirmed it is working fully as it should.

I have a Mygica/Geniatech T230 in use now, but have problems with certain frequencies, and get continuity errors, glitches.

If you say the wintv-dual is running great, than I will buy one.

One more thing: are both dvb-c tuners working now?
I am getting one and I do hope there will be no continuity errors or similar problems.

Gurabli Gurabli to answer both questions, yes dual tuners are working. You have to use a recent 4.17 kernel or a hauppauge supported ubuntu kernel. On recent debian 10 buster it works ootb with only firmware requirement. See this thread for more info including comprehensive support for custom kernel (not necessary anymore):

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2336566

Walter av wrote:

Gurabli Gurabli to answer both questions, yes dual tuners are working. You have to use a recent 4.17 kernel or a hauppauge supported ubuntu kernel. On recent debian 10 buster it works ootb with only firmware requirement. See this thread for more info including comprehensive support for custom kernel (not necessary anymore):

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2336566

Many thanks! Well, the kernel on Rpi and Neo2 are both higher versions than 4.17, so it should not be a problem. You mean every kernel after 4.17 has the support or it has to be 4.17?

The Hauppauge support by Brad Love mostly get upstreamed to the linux media tree, in this case it means that support has landend in 4.17 and higher. Debian 10 works with linux 4.19 and its working ootb. However it can be that in future versions regressions can break things but be sure to check out https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder.

Thank you, Walter.
I will receive my DualHD on Monday, hope it will work as it should. Your help is very much apprecieted.

Btw, do you think minisatip can be a good solution for me? It would be a source for a Tvheadend backend on remote location.

Hi Gurabli Gurabli did you have any success with the Hauppauge dualHD already?

About satip, by default it uses some layer2 network tricks to get recognized by devices in local networks, which means you need to make a remote tunnel to make it function like it was designed. However minisatip and tvheadend are very configurable and you maybe able to make it work in a ip layer3 only routed fashion. Remember that Tvheadend HTSP protocol was designed to work over low quality network links from server to client but satip may need a better local wired connectioning with change in frame/packet size it will probably depend on client and channel/provider/hd/sd etc.

(376-388/388)