Contributors » History » Revision 2
Anyone wishing to submit code to Tvheadend is required to sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA). For anyone that is unfamiliar with CLAs, we strongly recommend that you read the attached CLA agreement to ensure that you are happy with what you are signing. But to give a rough summary, these are the key points:
- You affirm that you have the right to provide the contribution (i.e. it's your own work).
- You grant the project a perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the contribution.
- You grant the project rights to change the outbound license that we use to distribute the code.
- There is a limit clause, that states we can only use an approved Open Source Initiative (OSI) license. I.e. we cannot produce a closed source version.
- You retain full ownership (copyright) of your submission and are free to do with it as you please.
We have decided to take this step as it puts the project on a more sure footing. It gives the project full control over how we manage the code and the ability to change this (within the agreed limits) should we feel it will benefit the project.
However we are still bound by the tenants of the Tvheadend Foundation CIC (with whom the CLA is ultimately with), which ensures that we can only do things that benefit the community that we serve.
If you plan to make a contribution to Tvheadend, then please head to (TODO) and you can sign an on-line copy of the CLA that is linked directly to our github project. All submissions should be made using the github Pull Request system.