Automatic IPTV Network » History » Revision 2
Automatic IPTV Network¶
The IPTV Automatic Network parses a playlist (in m3u format) and creates all muxes from this list.
The URL (including query string) is used as the identifier, changes to a URL would mean Tvheadend sees the entry as a new "mux". Existing muxes/URLs (in Tvheadend) no longer present in the playlist are discarded.
Tvheadend will by default probe each entry in the playlist for service details, depending on the size of the playlist, this can take a very long time. Some service providers don't allow this kind of probing and may deny (or rate limit) access to the streams, leading to scan failures. In such cases you must disable the probing.
Disable Service Probing/Speed up Scanning/Create Services Without Scanning¶
To create services without scanning/service probing you must set a Service ID (usually this value is 1) and turn off Scan after creation during the creation of the IPTV Automatic Network. Existing networks can be edited and then forced scanned to achieve the same outcome. The prerequisite is that all imported IPTV MPEG-TS stream only have one service with identical service identification (Service ID - SID).
Determining Service ID (SID)¶
To determine the correct SID for your playlist follow these steps:
- Open the m3u playlist in your favourite text editor and copy a URL, any url as long as it points to a MPEGTS stream. If you've already imported your playlist, done a scan & have successfully scanned service(s) you can skip this and the next two steps.
- Create a new (temporary) IPTV network (not a IPTV Automatic Network) and add the copied URL as a new mux.
- Tvheadend should now probe the URL for service details.
- Now, In the Services tab, you should see a service in the grid, along with lots of other details, take note of the value under the Service ID column. See notes 1/2 below if you can't see the column or value.
- Now that you have the correct SID, you can enter it into the Service ID field when creating (or editing) your automatic IPTV network. See note 1 below.
- In order to see both Service ID and Scan after creation, or the Service ID column, the user interface View level must be set to Expert.
- If you have no value under the Service ID column, Tvheadend has yet to probe the service or has failed to do so, check the tvheadend log (click the bar at the bottom of the webui) for details.