Project

General

Profile

Bug #5954

Scan gets stuck at 92% and never completes

Added by Neil Munday about 1 month ago. Updated 1 day ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
General
Target version:
-
Start date:
2020-09-25
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
r43.d4ce022-1
Affected Versions:

Description

Version: r43.d4ce022-1

OS: Arch Linux
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 with TV hat (Sony CXD2880)
TV service: Freeview, UK

During the set-up wizard the scan never completes and seems to get stuck at 92%.

In the web browser debugger I can see that the progress Ajax call is repeatedly returning:

{"progress":0.9166666666666666,"muxes":12,"services":135}

The tvheadend syslog shows:

ep 25 16:08:50 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: sys:3 freq:658000000 bw:8
Sep 25 16:08:50 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 000D: "scan" subscribing to mux "658MHz", weight: 5, adap>
Sep 25 16:08:51 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: tune result 0
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 658MHz in DVB-T Network - scan no data, failed
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 000D: "scan" unsubscribing
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: sys:3 freq:650000000 bw:8
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 650MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Sony CXD2880 #0 : DVB-T #0
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 tvheadend2456: epggrab: 650MHz in DVB-T Network - registering mux for OTA EPG
Sep 25 16:08:55 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 000F: "scan" subscribing to mux "650MHz", weight: 5, adap>
Sep 25 16:08:56 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: tune result 0
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 650MHz in DVB-T Network scan complete
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 000F: "scan" unsubscribing
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 578MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Sony CXD2880 #0 : DVB-T #0
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 tvheadend2456: epggrab: 578MHz in DVB-T Network - registering mux for OTA EPG
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0011: "scan" subscribing to mux "578MHz", weight: 5, adap>
Sep 25 16:09:04 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: sys:3 freq:578000000 bw:8
Sep 25 16:09:05 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: tune result 0
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 578MHz in DVB-T Network scan complete
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0011: "scan" unsubscribing
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 682MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Sony CXD2880 #0 : DVB-T #0
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 tvheadend2456: epggrab: 682MHz in DVB-T Network - registering mux for OTA EPG
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0013: "scan" subscribing to mux "682MHz", weight: 5, adap>
Sep 25 16:09:09 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: sys:3 freq:682000000 bw:8
Sep 25 16:09:10 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: tune result 0
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 682MHz in DVB-T Network - scan no data, failed
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0013: "scan" unsubscribing
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: sys:3 freq:626000000 bw:8
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 626MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Sony CXD2880 #0 : DVB-T #0
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 tvheadend2456: epggrab: 626MHz in DVB-T Network - registering mux for OTA EPG
Sep 25 16:09:14 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0015: "scan" subscribing to mux "626MHz", weight: 5, adap>
Sep 25 16:09:15 rpi4 kernel: cxd2880: cxd2880_set_frontend: tune result 0
Sep 25 16:09:21 rpi4 tvheadend2456: mpegts: 626MHz in DVB-T Network scan complete
Sep 25 16:09:21 rpi4 tvheadend2456: subscription: 0015: "scan" unsubscribing

There is no further output.

If I click "Save & Next" the wizard does complete and I have some channels

However, if I try version 4.2.8 the scan completes and I have all the channels I was expecting.

History

#1

Updated by Flole Systems about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from New to Invalid

That is not a valid version number from an official build. This issue tracker is only for issues in official build or the source code, you want to contact the maintainer of whoever built that.

#2

Updated by Neil Munday about 1 month ago

Apologies, I got the formatting of the version wrong, here it is: v4.3-1897-g6b8f014c3

That's from: git describe --long

The last commit in the git log is: 6b8f014c39703640a1fe8af9c2b7663588ed2b56

#3

Updated by Flole Systems about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from Invalid to New
#4

Updated by Tony Houghton 2 days ago

Have you checked the scan status in DVB Inputs -> Muxes? I was asked to upgrade to git master today (v4.3-1909-gc66e3bc7d) to test for another bug, and had massive problems with it. As it scans each mux, instead of updating the status to IDLE and result to OK or FAILED, it stays on ACTIVE/NONE, with several channels appearing to be ACTIVE at once. Scanning has always been excruciatingly slow, so it's difficult to tell whether it's got even slower, but it does seem to me that it's got slower at progressing through the list, and now grinds to a halt before getting through all of them. If I restart tvheadend it appears that most of the muxes have produced results after all.

#5

Updated by Flole Systems 2 days ago

I can't reproduce it here.... No idea why it works here and doesn't work for you.

#6

Updated by saen acro 1 day ago

User have bad signal on transponder/mux, there is signal to LOCK but MER/BER is more then useful signal.
Tvh do not have search timeout ;(

Also available in: Atom PDF