Project

General

Profile

Bug #5950

Continuity counter error every 1min 1sec with CXD2837ER

Added by ly chen about 1 month ago. Updated 26 days ago.

Status:
Invalid
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
DVB
Target version:
-
Start date:
2020-09-18
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
4.2.8-36~g5bdcfd8ac
Affected Versions:

Description

Hi there,
I got Continuity counter error every 1min 1sec on every channel, here's the log:
2020-09-18 16:44:58.873 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 1)
2020-09-18 16:44:58.873 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 1)
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 3)
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 2)
2020-09-18 16:47:00.875 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 5)
2020-09-18 16:47:00.875 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 3)
2020-09-18 16:49:02.856 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 7)
2020-09-18 16:49:02.856 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 4)
2020-09-18 16:51:04.867 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 9)
2020-09-18 16:51:04.867 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 5)
2020-09-18 16:54:07.861 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 11)
2020-09-18 16:54:07.861 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 6)
2020-09-18 16:55:08.865 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 13)
2020-09-18 16:55:08.866 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 7)
2020-09-18 16:56:09.861 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 15)
2020-09-18 16:56:09.861 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO
#1211 Continuity counter error (total 8)
2020-09-18 16:58:11.848 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO #1210 Continuity counter error (total 16)
2020-09-18 16:59:12.857 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO
#1210 Continuity counter error (total 17)
2020-09-18 16:59:12.857 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO #1211 Continuity counter error (total 9)
Look at the timestamps, every error occur at almost the same millisecond, every 1min and 1sec, sometimes it may skip some. I think it is not relatet to signal quality.
When I trace the mpegts subsys, I got these log when Continuity counter error occurs:
2020-09-18 16:45:59.695 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER(new) got 18800 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.727 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER(new) got 18988 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.758 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER(new) got 18988 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.792 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER(new) got 19176 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.824 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER(new) got 18800 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: 339MHz in DVB-C: pid 04BA cc err 10 != 0
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2VIDEO
#1210 Continuity counter error (total 3)
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: 339MHz in DVB-C: pid 04BB cc err 3 != 2
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [WARNING]:TS: DVB-C/339MHz/CCTV-1 综合: MPEG2AUDIO @ #1211 Continuity counter error (total 2)
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: 339MHz in DVB-C: pid 0012 cc err 6 != 5
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: 339MHz in DVB-C: pid 04BA cc err 1 != 8
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: 339MHz in DVB-C: pid 0012 cc err 9 != 7
2020-09-18 16:45:59.864 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER got 18800 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.898 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER got 19364 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.932 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER got 18800 bytes
2020-09-18 16:45:59.967 [ TRACE]:mpegts: input HUB.3 CXD2837ER got 18800 bytes
I run tvheadend 4.2.8-36~g5bdcfd8ac on a x86 PC (Intel G5400, Asrock H310CM/ITX-ac, 8G Mem), OS is Ubuntu 20.04, kernel version 5.4.0-47-generic.
Need help
Thanks in advance.


Files

interrupts.png (42.5 KB) interrupts.png ly chen, 2020-09-18 17:00

History

#1

Updated by saen acro about 1 month ago

SONY cxd2837er I guess?

see what is changing mostly in IRQ status

watch -d cat /proc/interrupts

#2

Updated by Flole Systems about 1 month ago

First you should update to the latest version.

#3

Updated by ly chen about 1 month ago

saen acro wrote:

SONY cxd2837er I guess?

see what is changing mostly in IRQ status
[...]

Thanks for your help
You are right, it's SONY CXD2837ER.
By using your watch -d cat /proc/interrupts,
122, 123, 124, 126, LOC, RES, CAL are changing mostly, but they are changing all the time, I can't tell if they are related to the Continuity counter error.
NMI, PMI, IWI seem to change when there's a Continuity counter error, but not always.
CPU0 CPU1 CPU2 CPU3
0: 6 0 0 0 IR-IO-APIC 2-edge timer
8: 0 0 0 1 IR-IO-APIC 8-edge rtc0
9: 0 5 0 0 IR-IO-APIC 9-fasteoi acpi
120: 0 0 0 0 DMAR-MSI 0-edge dmar0
121: 0 0 0 0 DMAR-MSI 1-edge dmar1
122: 0 0 45732778 0 IR-PCI-MSI 327680-edge xhci_hcd
123: 0 3491 0 208039760 IR-PCI-MSI 520192-edge eno1
124: 0 9970839 2473 0 IR-PCI-MSI 376832-edge ahci[0000:00:17.0]
125: 0 0 0 42 IR-PCI-MSI 360448-edge mei_me
126: 0 3549 36450048 0 IR-PCI-MSI 32768-edge i915
127: 0 0 1188 0 IR-PCI-MSI 514048-edge snd_hda_intel:card0
NMI: 2510 2481 2401 2329 Non-maskable interrupts
LOC: 49612405 48394929 50191512 59859608 Local timer interrupts
SPU: 0 0 0 0 Spurious interrupts
PMI: 2510 2481 2401 2329 Performance monitoring interrupts
IWI: 109 172 4090 62 IRQ work interrupts
RTR: 0 0 0 0 APIC ICR read retries
RES: 12093957 9334150 5860779 4771898 Rescheduling interrupts
CAL: 344924 37296 27713 29086 Function call interrupts
TLB: 12740 12639 12173 12497 TLB shootdowns
TRM: 0 0 0 0 Thermal event interrupts
THR: 0 0 0 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
DFR: 0 0 0 0 Deferred Error APIC interrupts
MCE: 0 0 0 0 Machine check exceptions
MCP: 1147 1148 1148 1148 Machine check polls
ERR: 0
MIS: 0
PIN: 0 0 0 0 Posted-interrupt notification event
NPI: 0 0 0 0 Nested posted-interrupt event
PIW: 0 0 0 0 Posted-interrupt wakeup event

#4

Updated by ly chen about 1 month ago

here's a screen shot when running watch -d cat /proc/interrupts

#5

Updated by ly chen about 1 month ago

Flole Systems wrote:

First you should update to the latest version.

Thanks, I'm running the latest stable version, 4.2.8-36~g5bdcfd8ac

#6

Updated by Flole Systems about 1 month ago

Issue reports for 4.2 are no longer accepted. That version is old and no longer maintained. Latest master contains many fixes, so it's a good idea to use it.

#7

Updated by saen acro about 1 month ago

ly chen wrote:

             CPU0       CPU1       CPU2       CPU3
    0:          6          0          0          0  IR-IO-APIC    2-edge      timer
    8:          0          0          0          1  IR-IO-APIC    8-edge      rtc0
    9:          0          5          0          0  IR-IO-APIC    9-fasteoi   acpi
  120:          0          0          0          0  DMAR-MSI    0-edge      dmar0
  121:          0          0          0          0  DMAR-MSI    1-edge      dmar1
  122:          0          0   45732778          0  IR-PCI-MSI 327680-edge      xhci_hcd
  123:          0       3491          0  208039760  IR-PCI-MSI 520192-edge      eno1
  124:          0    9970839       2473          0  IR-PCI-MSI 376832-edge      ahci[0000:00:17.0]
  125:          0          0          0         42  IR-PCI-MSI 360448-edge      mei_me
  126:          0       3549   36450048          0  IR-PCI-MSI 32768-edge      i915
  127:          0          0       1188          0  IR-PCI-MSI 514048-edge      snd_hda_intel:card0
  NMI:       2510       2481       2401       2329   Non-maskable interrupts
  LOC:   49612405   48394929   50191512   59859608   Local timer interrupts
  SPU:          0          0          0          0   Spurious interrupts
  PMI:       2510       2481       2401       2329   Performance monitoring interrupts
  IWI:        109        172       4090         62   IRQ work interrupts
  RTR:          0          0          0          0   APIC ICR read retries
  RES:   12093957    9334150    5860779    4771898   Rescheduling interrupts
  CAL:     344924      37296      27713      29086   Function call interrupts
  TLB:      12740      12639      12173      12497   TLB shootdowns
  TRM:          0          0          0          0   Thermal event interrupts
  THR:          0          0          0          0   Threshold APIC interrupts
  DFR:          0          0          0          0   Deferred Error APIC interrupts
  MCE:          0          0          0          0   Machine check exceptions
  MCP:       1147       1148       1148       1148   Machine check polls
  ERR:          0
  MIS:          0
  PIN:          0          0          0          0   Posted-interrupt notification event
  NPI:          0          0          0          0   Nested posted-interrupt event
  PIW:          0          0          0          0   Posted-interrupt wakeup event

see if in moment of drop if some use more
I guess this is a USB tuner see if there is firmware update.

#8

Updated by Tom W 27 days ago

saen acro wrote:

see if in moment of drop if some use more
I guess this is a USB tuner see if there is firmware update.

Short: you don't have the faintest idea and your are poking in the fog....

CXD2837ER had already problems with 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 and mchehab (!) looked
at the tvh and dvb kernel code ..... unfortunatly the issue hasn't gone away.

Try: "Force old status"

#9

Updated by Flole Systems 26 days ago

  • Status changed from New to Invalid

Also available in: Atom PDF