Project

General

Profile

Bug #5921

Any chance that "focal" builds work on doozer.io

Added by Mathias Neuhaus over 1 year ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Infrastructure
Target version:
-
Start date:
2020-07-07
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
v4.3.1891
Affected Versions:

Description

I'm currently using the bionic build on focal - which works -

History

#1

Updated by Flole Systems over 1 year ago

If I (or someone else) fixes that stupid python2/3 issue then it will work. The build itself is going through, it's just the upload that's failing. I'll try something now and let's see how that goes....

#2

Updated by Flole Systems about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted

Focal build just went through! Now all that's left is figuring out how to make it show up on apt.tvheadend.org.

#3

Updated by Mathias Neuhaus about 1 year ago

fingers crossed ...

#4

Updated by Jeroen Bogers 4 months ago

9 months have passed and sadly there has been no progress on this ticket. What is holding up the proper addition of the Focal builds of Tvheadend 4.3 to apt.tvheadend.org?
Is there anything I, or someone else, can do to make progress on this?

#5

Updated by Flole Systems 4 months ago

Nobody knows how to do it, that's what's holding it up.

#6

Updated by Mark Clarkstone 3 months ago

Flole Systems wrote:

Nobody knows how to do it, that's what's holding it up.

I've made a change to the cd on doozer.io, I hope thats fixes it & we should (hopefully) see focal as a dist.

#7

Updated by Mark Clarkstone 3 months ago

Mark Clarkstone wrote:

Flole Systems wrote:

Nobody knows how to do it, that's what's holding it up.

I've made a change to the cd on doozer.io, I hope thats fixes it & we should (hopefully) see focal as a dist.

OK. It looks like my change did something. -> http://apt.tvheadend.org/unstable/dists/focal/

#8

Updated by Mark Clarkstone 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Need feedback
#9

Updated by Mathias Neuhaus 3 months ago

seems to be working

just installed 1967 focal over bionic (on an up-to-date focal system)

Thanks a lot!

#10

Updated by Mark Clarkstone 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Need feedback to Fixed

Thanks. I'll look at cleaning the EoL dists at some point.

#11

Updated by Mathias Neuhaus 3 months ago

instalklation of (4.3-1968~g129df4ff3~focal) worked also like a charm
maybe you can close the ticket now :-)

#12

Updated by Jeroen Bogers 3 months ago

Thanks Mark for fixing the doozer.io build so we now have a working apt repository for focal.

I just added the repository on my system and upgraded my manually installed Tvheadend (from the .deb package downloaded directly from Doozer) with the one from the apt repository. The upgrade was performed successfuly, but I did get one odd warning:

W: Repository is broken: tvheadend:amd64 (= 4.3-1968~g129df4ff3~focal) has no Size information

I'm not sure if this was caused by my upgrade path or if there is a minor issue with the apt repository upload?

#13

Updated by Mark Clarkstone 3 months ago

Jeroen Bogers wrote:

Thanks Mark for fixing the doozer.io build so we now have a working apt repository for focal.

I just added the repository on my system and upgraded my manually installed Tvheadend (from the .deb package downloaded directly from Doozer) with the one from the apt repository. The upgrade was performed successfuly, but I did get one odd warning:
[...]

I'm not sure if this was caused by my upgrade path or if there is a minor issue with the apt repository upload?

Hmm, looks like the "Packages" index file was using "Filesize" instead of "Size". To avoid issues I've added "Size" as well. Please report back with any issues (once the resync is done in a few hours).

#14

Updated by Mathias Neuhaus 3 months ago

no error message when apt upgrading to 4.3-1974~g6efa41164~focal (from 1968)

Thanks from me too!

Also available in: Atom PDF