Project

General

Profile

Feature #5466

Dish motor to 0

Added by Vlad Lanetz 9 months ago. Updated 9 months ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
2018-12-29
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Sat receivers have a function to send dish motor to 0. Could you add the same function to tvheadend?


Files

sat.jpg (3.2 KB) sat.jpg Vlad Lanetz, 2018-12-30 20:43

History

#1

Updated by Jaroslav Kysela 9 months ago

What's the exact function of this? Park the rotor to 0 when idle?

#2

Updated by Pablo R. 9 months ago

Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

What's the exact function of this? Park the rotor to 0 when idle?

I wonder if what he wants is a button to do it manually.

#3

Updated by Vlad Lanetz 9 months ago

Pablo R. wrote:

I wonder if what he wants is a button to do it manually.

That's right. I'm talking about a button that could send the motor to 0.

#4

Updated by saen acro 9 months ago

Isn't better to sent this command when service start/restart also?

#5

Updated by Zero Zero 9 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Isn't better to sent this command when service start/restart also?

In my opinion the button will be more convenient

#6

Updated by Pablo R. 9 months ago

Zero Zero wrote:

saen acro wrote:

Isn't better to sent this command when service start/restart also?

In my opinion the button will be more convenient

Anyway what is the need, I am curious... Align the dish? Cleaning?

#7

Updated by Vlad Lanetz 9 months ago

Pablo R. wrote:

Zero Zero wrote:

saen acro wrote:

Isn't better to sent this command when service start/restart also?

In my opinion the button will be more convenient

Anyway what is the need, I am curious... Align the dish? Cleaning?

Sometimes the motor does not reach the position. Sending it to 0 helps, and after the motor goes to the desired position normally.

#8

Updated by Shaun Schembri 9 months ago

Yes many times my rotor "get confused" and thinks it is at a position when its actually at another. Re sending it to zero on an enigma2 usually solves the problem. It would be handy to have something similar in tvheadend as well.

#9

Updated by Vlad Lanetz 9 months ago

So is it possible to add this feature to tvheadend?

#10

Updated by Jaroslav Kysela 9 months ago

Vlad Lanetz wrote:

So is it possible to add this feature to tvheadend?

Yes. No ETA.

#11

Updated by Jaroslav Kysela 9 months ago

  • Target version set to 999

Also available in: Atom PDF