Project

General

Profile

Bug #5273

Bug #5282: Web interface crashes when dvr starts

Websocket: Could not decode a text frame as UTF8

Added by Mark Clarkstone about 3 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:
Invalid
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
User Interface
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-10-19
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
git master (1480)
Affected Versions:

Description

Not sure how to quite reproduce this one, but websockets appear to break with "Websocket: Could not decode a text frame as UTF8" on chrome.

I suspect it has something to do with the EPG data as it breaks when trying to display that. The socket and page is continuously refreshed in a "Reconnecting to tvheadend" loop. Could the charset ISO-8859-1 (networks) be the problem? The only other thing I did was change the user password and re-logged when prompted.

It's very strange. a restart seems to have resolved it though - I fear this one will be hard to pin down :( .

History

#1

Updated by Jan-Pascal van Best about 3 years ago

I've got exactly the same problem here since today. Haven't tried restarting yet as a recording is busy atm. Are there any tests I can run to help discover what is going on?

Running the Debian package with version 4.3-1480~gddfbf1488~stretch 100
I'm using Apache as a reverse proxy with configuration:

        ProxyPass /tvheadend/comet/ws ws://192.168.1.14:9981/tvheadend/comet/ws
        ProxyPassReverse /tvheadend/comet/ws ws://192.168.1.14:9981/tvheadend/comet/ws
        ProxyPass /tvheadend http://192.168.1.14:9981/tvheadend
        ProxyPassReverse /tvheadend http://192.168.1.14:9981/tvheadend
        <Location /tvheadend>
                Require ip <removed for privacy>
                AuthName                "www.vanbest.eu" 
                AuthType                Basic
                Require                 <removed for privacy>
                ProxyPreserveHost       On
        </Location>

My Chrome console says:

3tvh.js.gz:498 WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.vanbest.eu/tvheadend/comet/ws' failed: Could not decode a text frame as UTF-8.
(anonymous) @ tvh.js.gz:498
b @ tvh.js.gz:1

Firefox gives approximately the same error message.

#2

Updated by Mark Clarkstone about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Invalid
  • Parent task set to #5282

see #5282

Also available in: Atom PDF