Project

General

Profile

Bug #4571

'TV adapters' empty after update of testing-version

Added by M. Bergmann about 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Invalid
Priority:
Normal
Category:
SAT>IP
Target version:
-
Start date:
2017-09-04
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
4.3-363~ge1ad234 ---> 4.3-433~g3aa76fa
Affected Versions:

Description

As described in [[http://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/28097]] I experienced some problems during the installation of Tvh and using old configuration files.
Finally I decided to remove Tvh completely (apt-get purge tvheandend), deleted the home-directory and re-installed Tvh, which went fine.
I did all the configuration - setting up the muxes, channels and so on - and right after I finished Openmediavault advised me that a new version is available.
Well, never change a running system.... But I updated from 4.3-363~ge1ad234 (or was it 4.3-363~ge1ad2342d ??) to 4.3-433~g3aa76fa and now I have got the problem once again:
The content of the tab 'TV adapters' stays completely empty, although the file within /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/input/satip/adapters still exists.

What went wrong and how can I get back the 'TV adapters' without installing it a third time? With all the channels etc. I have to set up, each installation takes me half a day....

History

#1

Updated by M. Bergmann about 4 years ago

OS is Debian 8.9, Jessie

#2

Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 4 years ago

Check the permissions / group for the /dev/dvb files (kernel devices).. It seems that tvh is unable to enumerate them.

#3

Updated by saen acro about 4 years ago

Is there anything in

dmesg | grep frontend
tree /dev/dvb

(post results)

#4

Updated by M. Bergmann about 4 years ago

I am using the Digibit R1 for Satip, so there is no directory /dev/dvb.

I moved the configuration file for the tv adapters to a different location, leaving /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/input/satip/adapters empty and hoping that Tvh will create a new file after a restart, but that didn't help.
I moved the file back and started Tvh with the option --satip_xml, which did the trick. Although I don't understand why the installation of 4.3-363 worked without the additional parameter...

#5

Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Invalid

Probably a firewall config issue then. The UPnP port should be open (UDP port 1900).

Also available in: Atom PDF