Project

General

Profile

Bug #434

EPG Problem on PL channels with encoding

Added by noem noem over 11 years ago. Updated about 10 years ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
EPG
Target version:
Start date:
2011-04-12
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
unknown
Affected Versions:

Description

on most of the PL channels for the EPG is from Cyfra+
The coding should be:
ISO-8859-2 for source network id 113
ISO-6937 for source network id 318

Kind regards


Files

Screen_shot_2011-04-12_at_12.55.46_PM.png (33.8 KB) Screen_shot_2011-04-12_at_12.55.46_PM.png 1 noem noem, 2011-04-12 13:18
Screen_shot_2011-04-12_at_12.54.58_PM.png (47.5 KB) Screen_shot_2011-04-12_at_12.54.58_PM.png 2 noem noem, 2011-04-12 13:18
dvb_support.c (8.02 KB) dvb_support.c bigtarget bigtarget, 2011-05-12 15:07
dvb_support.c (7.93 KB) dvb_support.c i clean printf functions bigtarget bigtarget, 2011-05-12 16:46
fix_pl_epg.patch (1.04 KB) fix_pl_epg.patch patch with tvheadend root bigtarget bigtarget, 2011-05-13 09:40
fix_polish_epg_final.patch (1.37 KB) fix_polish_epg_final.patch bigtarget bigtarget, 2011-05-13 16:00
0001-polish-patch.patch (1.05 KB) 0001-polish-patch.patch No any configuration needed. bigtarget bigtarget, 2011-07-05 14:51

Related issues

Related to Feature #156: mediahighway epg and different epg encodingRejected

Actions

History

#1

Updated by noem noem over 11 years ago

The problem is known you can get more info about it @ http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/27458-epg-in-isoiec-6937/page__st__15

#2

Updated by Anonymous over 11 years ago

#3

Updated by Martin Mrvka over 11 years ago

If Cyfra+ is sending strings in their EPG without any charset information, it should default to ISO-6937 as per DVB spec.

This patch (https://github.com/andoma/tvheadend/pull/22) adds support to change the default charset and should solve your problem, since you can set the charset per service.

#4

Updated by Andreas Smas over 11 years ago

  • Category set to DVB
  • Status changed from New to Fixed
  • Assignee set to Andreas Smas
  • Target version set to 2.13

Fixed (thanks to Martin Mrvka) in fa941ddcb

#5

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget over 11 years ago

Hi, your patch is awesome, but please made one correct. When you change default encoding from web you have to force it in code, because it doesn't work for polish services. See atachment. When i am using my dvb_support.c I have polish all charactes with my change :) Thanks.

#6

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget over 11 years ago

bigtarget bigtarget wrote:

Hi, your patch is awesome, but please made one correct. When you change default encoding from web you have to force it in code, because it doesn't work for polish services. See atachment. When i am using my dvb_support.c I have polish all charactes with my change :) Thanks.

When you add my patch you can also close:
http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/156

Thanks.

#8

Updated by Andreas Smas over 11 years ago

Please provide patches and not entire files.

#9

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget over 11 years ago

Here you are.

Thanks for merging in advance.

#10

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget over 11 years ago

My patch works, but i have only one problem :(

If I play channel with encoding ISO6937 and EPG is loading it should using all the time ISO6937, but now it is changing to service encoding :(

Example:
channel 1: ISO6937
channel 2: ISO8859-2

I watch channel 1 and it loads EPG for channel 2 at background but encoding is still ISO6937 not assigned to channel.

Could anyone fix it? I have no idea from where i can get wached channel id. I'm not a c++ programmer :) just JAVA and MUMPS :)

Thanks.

#11

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget over 11 years ago

I made final and working version of patch Polish EPG. Please merge it

Patch is on master of:
https://github.com/andoma/tvheadend.git
commit 77cbb4ba34aa4ede333a
tree 63f63f1ab4431dc85852
parent 1b05817d86d6b89e3336

#12

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget about 11 years ago

Hi Andreas,

Could you tell when you would like to merge it to git master?

My patch doesn't brake anythnig it is just condition for Polish EPG.

Thanks in advance.

#13

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget about 11 years ago

Hi,

I would like to add patch with working all polish characters.
That code is hardcoded version but all characters is working correctly.

Thanks.

#14

Updated by Hein Rigolo about 11 years ago

in order to supply patches it is preferred submit GIT pull requests with the changes in it with a reference to this ticket number.

#15

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget about 11 years ago

When I'll have time, I will do it better now it is hard-coded: my repository:
https://github.com/bigtarget/tvheadend

#19

Updated by Adam Sutton about 10 years ago

  • Category changed from DVB to EPG
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Smas to Adam Sutton
  • Found in version set to unknown

Can you submit that as a pull request on main tvheadend repo (github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend) and I'll take a look.

#20

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget about 10 years ago

Found in version: Build: 2.99.54.gfad45

#21

Updated by bigtarget bigtarget about 10 years ago

Adam Sutton wrote:

Can you submit that as a pull request on main tvheadend repo (github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend) and I'll take a look.

Done: https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/pull/107

#22

Updated by Adam Sutton about 10 years ago

Thanks,

I'll try and take a look shortly.

Adam

Also available in: Atom PDF