I don't know exactly how or if it would be possible, but I think it would be great to have a Tvheadend OpenHAB binding available in the future, at least with a minimal set of features (like the Kodi binding for example). So it would be possible to control some basic features or the status of Tvheadend from the OpenHAB interface.
Updated by C K over 5 years ago
Martin Klayer wrote:
I am also using openhab for 2 years but honestly I do not see a good use case for this binding.
Maybe you have some suggestions why such a binding should exist.
- Names of Clients currently connected to TVH (inkl. Channel Name)
- Numbers of current recordings
- free disc space
- turn all hue bulbs to red if watching parent related movies
Updated by g siviero over 5 years ago
One of the most interesting things of the OpenHAB bindings in my opinion is that it allows external (Internet) access to selected functions without the need to directly expose the relative services. You open the OpenHAB port on the router, you set the internal and external access passwords and settings, configure the binding and the menus, and that's all.
I find it useful to have a unique app or interface to monitor or manage different services that would otherwise require different apps, web interfaces, port forwarding, security settings, ...
That's my opinion. Of course other people would have different ideas and suggestions. That's good for the discussion anyway.
Just for example now from my openHAB interface I can:
- control Philips Hue (and Osram Lightify) lamps
- monitor my OpenEnergyMonitor (emonPi) sensors
- see the status of my Kodi device
- see my (raspberry Pi with motion) security cameras
- control android phones presence at home (and set specific actions accordingly)