Project

General

Profile

Bug #228

Unable to lock MPEG2 audio streams when recording or streaming to XBMC

Added by BlueCop - about 9 years ago. Updated almost 9 years ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
General
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Found in version:
Affected Versions:

Description

I am using a tvheadend with a qam tuner for unencrypted channels on my cable system.

There seems to be a problems with playing and recordings any of the channels which use MPEG2 audio. The channels with MPEG2 audio will fail recording saying they were unable to get audio lock.

Also when streaming to XBMC with htsp:// it does not decode the audio at all for those with mpeg2 audio.

All the channels with AC3 record and play fine.

I am running tvheadend 2.11
I also tried compiling the svn but it exhibited the same issue.

anything I can provide to help fix this issue?

History

#1

Updated by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Fixed
  • Found in version set to fixed

I've implemented a fix (that tvheadend actually misdetected some streams as MPEG2 audio when it actually was AC3). See r4962.

If that does not help, i need some kind of .ts dumps.

#2

Updated by BlueCop - about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Fixed to Need feedback
  • Found in version deleted (fixed)

I still seem to have the issue. here is a muxdump of one of the problematic channels.

This mux contains NBC and FOX. NBC works great but FOX has the problem.

I am running r4975

#3

Updated by BlueCop - about 9 years ago

I added a mux that contains several SD channels that exhibit the same issue.

I attached this mux because I think these channels truely use MPEG2 Audio.

I am pretty sure the FOX HD mux is actually using AC3 which is identified as MPEG2

#4

Updated by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

When I test the mux dumps both Fox and NBC detects audio as AC3

You can press the little (i) button on the service list in the tvheadend to see how
your version Tvheadend detects the streams.

Even so I found a bug in the AC3 parser that I fixed (see r4980) but I tested your muxes
without them and it worked before the fix as well.

Info from Fox: (This is raw info from Tvheadend console output when it replays .ts files)

stream (MAP) = {
pid (S64) = 49
type (STR) = "PMT"
position (S64) = 0
}
stream (MAP) = {
pid (S64) = 2048
type (STR) = "MPEG2VIDEO"
position (S64) = 0
width (S64) = 1280
height (S64) = 720
}
stream (MAP) = {
pid (S64) = 2049
type (STR) = "AC3"
position (S64) = 1
}

#5

Updated by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Need feedback to Fixed
  • Found in version set to fixed

I believe this is fixed

#6

Updated by Philip A- Centaur - almost 9 years ago

I'm having almost the exact same problem with revision 5332, but I'm not sure if I should reopen this and/or attach a mux dump or not.

For example: Fox shows up in web interface as MPEG2VIDEO/MPEG2AUDIO but when played with HTSP on XBMC the audio is not present. When I make a recording of the same channel, mkvinfo shows no audio track at all.

Other channels that show as AC3 in the web interface and XBMC are fine.

#7

Updated by Philip A- Centaur - almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Fixed to Need feedback
  • Found in version deleted (fixed)

Okay, I just played the Fox transport stream from the raw mux and it showed up as AC3 in the console output and also in XBMC over HTSP -- the audio played fine. So it would seem that for some reason tvheadend is misidentifying this as MPEG2 at some point.

I also downloaded BlueCop's mux dump and the same thing happened, so I can only assume this is the same issue.

I've reopened this ticket.

#8

Updated by Philip A- Centaur - almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Need feedback to Fixed
  • Found in version set to fixed

Sorry, I deleted all of my muxes and rescanned and that fixed the problem, so I must have had those muxes kicking around from an old revision before the AC3 detection bugfix.

Also available in: Atom PDF