AC3 Audio number of channels do not update when recording
I have noticed that audio channels do not update while recording. This happens when recording a program with ac3 audio. The tv program originally emits audio ac3 in 2.0 channel configuration and then switches to ac3 5.1 channels. If I record that program using tvheadend, it records the audio channels but it always says 2.0 channels and does not seem to realize the ac3 audio was changed from 2.0 to 5.1 channels during the recording.
If I start the recording after the program has switched to 5.1 channels tvheadend successfully records it as 5.1 and it does display so.