Bug #1356

Scheduling a standalone +1 recording and then the identical programme on the non-timeshifted channel deletes the first event

Added by Prof Yaffle over 10 years ago. Updated over 10 years ago.

Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:


Estimated time:
Found in version:
Affected Versions:


Search for a programme to record on a +1 channel... record this one event. Goes into the schedule correctly, and the dvr/log file is created accordingly.

Now change the filter to the non-timeshifted variation of the same channel, and record the same programme one hour earlier. Instead of creating a new event, tvheadend deletes the first one - so neither timeshifted nor non-timeshifted programmes now appear in dvr/log.

If you do it the other way around (normal then +1), the event remains scheduled but the second event isn't created (similar to issue 1355?)



Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

Looking at the code, I have to admit it doesn't look entirely correct.

I think part of the problem is that I started to add updates to the DVR code back when I was first doing the EPG updates. Unfortunately I don't think they were ever properly finished, but stuff moved on my involvement grew and I never properly revisited that code.

I think this could be quite a big cockup in the DVR code that I'll need to fix :( Unfortunately 3.2 is basically now in the can, so I guess we'll be having a patch release in the not too distant future to pick this (and a few other minor bits up).



Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

  • Category changed from DVB to PVR / DVR
  • Assignee changed from Hein Rigolo to Adam Sutton
  • Target version set to 3.2

I think this will need to be back-ported to 3.2, once I've found a fix.


Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted

Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

  • Affected Versions 3.2 added

Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Resolved

I think the latest commit will resolve this issue. If you could try this out on git master I will look to include in next 3.2 patch release.



Updated by Prof Yaffle over 10 years ago

Confirmed that it appears to function correctly with this commit - I can't test it fully as I've got some hideous frankenconfig trying to compile and run this alongside my production PPA version. But it seems to work!

Thanks for the rapid attention.


Updated by Adam Sutton over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Fixed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Applied in changeset commit:2aa067c73a60560aae60a9e86cc8eae69afcddce.

Also available in: Atom PDF