I was struggling a lot with Tvheadend GUI since it goes very slow with huge number of DVB services and does not support bulk change of settings.
Finally I decided to build a small application to address these issues otherwise I could not configure my system.
I am not an experienced SW developer, so the main goal was to get a dirty app which fullfills my basic demands. Finally I spent too much time with it and since the outcome looks usable for others I decided to share it, as it is.
In this forum I can see that others have similar problems that I had, hence probably they will find this app useful.
It is called TVHeadEdit.
The main features are:
* It is able to manage thousands of services (Tested with 8000)
* Ability to edit multiple items at once. (Yes, you can assign a tag to hundred of channels at once)
* Filtering lists by multiple conditions for easier operation (You can filter on anything)
* Advanced mapping to distinct channel names by adding provider name and satellite position (Talking channel names)
* Channel number inserting by automatic shifting of channel numbers (Easy reordering of channels)
* Automatic numbering of selected group of channels (Slow, but working)
* Transponder data update based on kingofsat.net (It looks more reliable than Tvheadend autoscan)
Of course there are limitations.
* Only DVB-S support (I do not have DVB-T card, and tipically DVB-S provides huge number of services)
* Not fool-proof (I assume that much more input validation, etc would be needed. As I said I am not a SW developer)
Download and unzip the file then click on install.
Probably you will observe antivirus notification regarding the source reliability. At least I saw on my computer.
Do not worry it is a Microsoft Visual Studio project. It will install .net if necessary.
Additional video about channel logo selector
Test it. Use it. I hope you will find it useful.
The recommended way of working is to have a local copy of service.multimedia.tvheadend folder. Edit it with the app. If everything is OK, then the original service.multimedia.tvheadend content can be overwritten. Tvheadend has to be restarted to apply the changes.
I do not plan to spend to much time with further improvements but some bug fixes can be expected.
You can always download the latest from the link below.
(Check regularly, can be updated without notification)
updated: 28/01/2015 - New version compatible with rewritten DVB database
Last update 18/07/2016 - I realized that Tvheadend database has been changed again. Now it stores information of some MUX-es in a kind of zip files some others are in the legacy format hence the tool is currently not able to recognize it.
I will investigate if it is worth updating the tool.