Multiple Primes result in duplicate channels in EPG
I am hoping someone can help. I have 2 HDHomeRun Primes, set up with m3u files (1 per prime), and whenever I do this, I end up with 2 listings per channel in the EPG. I have tried merging with no luck. Hoping I am missing something simple.
- Setup an Automatic IPTV Network for each of the HDHomerun devices. Point to your m3u file
- Run a detection to propagate the mux and services
- The services with the same channels with have the same service name.
- Import the EPG
- Run a service map on all services
- Rerun the EPG import
- Make sure the services that map to multiple HDHomerun devices maps to only one channel/epg
I suppose the magic is in the last statement to have channels from both devices sync to a single channel.
Really appreciate the reply!
I just re-installed TVHeadend after purging it.
How do I run a 'detection'? I have the automatic iptv networks created (Prime97 and Prime98 are the names), and it has created the Muxes (although the status under most of them are 'fail'...not sure why). But no services are created from what I can tell.
oh, I used a script to create the m3u file, and it added a '.ts' at the end of the link...trying again after removing all instances of .ts in the m3u files. I'll let you know. again, really appreciate the help.
So it looks like I got it working. Took me a while. For some reason (with Schedules Direct), it won't pick up the channel #'s, so I had to manually enter all 114 of them. I don't like that, I'm afraid of typos, but it seems to be working for now. Thanks!