Project

General

Multiprofile transcoding streams to same server and same user

Added by V V 22 days ago

Hi all!
I'm trying to do 6 different kinds of stream transcoding profiles from TVHeadend to another server.

I'm not sure how to get an URL of an non-default stream profile, I can only get an URL of an default stream profile by pressing the icon of that channel.

I wouldn't like to create an user for each profile...

I'd like to create 6 profiles and keep them transcoding all the time for all channels that are running.
Also, same with DVR.

For example:
1. profile: 1280x720, 6000kbps
2. profile: 1280x720, 3000kbps
3. profile: 960x540, 1500kbps
and so on...

Each stream should be transcoded with NVENC hardware transcoding and be available 24/7 for each channel that's available to the DVB-T2 card/tuner/MUX.

How can I accomplish this?

FFMpeg is an option too, but I know how to do that, I'd like to just use TVHeadend for this and have it all in it.

Thanks!

Replies (4)

RE: Multiprofile transcoding streams to same server and same user - Added by Mark Clarkstone 20 days ago

What you're after is the profile param.

For example.

hxxp://url:port/path?profile=webm512p

I think you can add it to streams & playlist urls.

HTH

RE: Multiprofile transcoding streams to same server and same user - Added by V V 19 days ago

Mark Clarkstone wrote:

What you're after is the profile param.

For example.

hxxp://url:port/path?profile=webm512p

I think you can add it to streams & playlist urls.

HTH

Is it possible to transcode in multiple profiles for 1 channel and keep frames aligned through all profiles when you choose to watch that channel?
It would be great that you could choose multiple profiles in a player that you're watching, for example 1080p, 720p, 480p. Is that possbile?

RE: Multiprofile transcoding streams to same server and same user - Added by saen acro 19 days ago

You try to do DASH or HLS stream?
If YES, then this can be do with FFMPEG recomended with GPU transcoding,
but forget for on-demand scenario if more then one stream.

(1-4/4)