Project

General

Profile

TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP

Added by Torsten Boos about 3 years ago

Hello,

I need to install a new TVHeadend Server on an Ubuntu VServer with Docker. At my Home it works a Tvheadend Server with Docker fine and now I Just want this 8 Tuners send to the VServer.
The VServer and my Tvheadend Server are working in VPN mode.

I write this command in the Vserver Docker

RUN_OPTS http://my home tvheadend:9981/satip_server/desc.xml

I see the Tuners in the VServer but they did work. I see only 27 Muxes for German DVB-C. But I found no channels.

This is the Log

pegts: 114MHz in Vodafone - tuning on SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #2 ([email protected])
2019-11-28 20:07:39.221 subscription: 02DA: "scan" subscribing to mux "114MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #2 ([email protected])", network: "Vodafone", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
2019-11-28 20:07:40.670 satip: SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #2 ([email protected]) - RTSP error -5 (I/O error) [9874-200]
2019-11-28 20:07:44.221 mpegts: 114MHz in Vodafone - scan no data, failed

Have anyone ideas for this issue ?

thanks


Replies (15)

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara about 3 years ago

as u use a vpn i wonder why you use a domain name to RUN_OPTS.... nevermind.

are your dockers running host mode ? for satip afaik they need to run in host mode to work, may worth to take a look.

alternative instead satip, u could use the m3u playlist from home and use this as iptv source in your vps.

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Joe User about 3 years ago

Try looking at output of trace satips on server, and trace tbl-satip,satip on client.

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Torsten Boos about 3 years ago

M A Ben Amara wrote:

as u use a vpn i wonder why you use a domain name to RUN_OPTS.... nevermind.

are your dockers running host mode ? for satip afaik they need to run in host mode to work, may worth to take a look.

alternative instead satip, u could use the m3u playlist from home and use this as iptv source in your vps.

Hi, my dockers run in host mode. If I don´t use the RUN_OPTS command the client not find any tuner.

When I use the m3u file...will the upload then be provided by the server (my home Tvheadend) providing the m3u or by the client (VServer)?
My upload home is too low so I want to use the Vserver from the provider

Try looking at output of trace satips on server, and trace tbl-satip,satip on client.

Sorry I dont know what you meen. Can you give me a short manual ?

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Torsten Boos about 3 years ago

Hi, I check the VServer again for host mode...

on this page https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/

Where I must this write ?

Host vs. Bridge

If you use IPTV, SAT>IP or HDHomeRun, you need to create the container with --net=host and remove the -p flags. This is because to work with these services Tvheadend requires a multicast address of 239.255.255.250 and a UDP port of 1900 which at this time is not possible with docker bridge mode. If you have other host services which also use multicast such as SSDP/DLNA/Emby you may experience stabilty problems. These can be solved by giving tvheadend its own IP using macavlan.

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara about 3 years ago

Torsten Boos wrote:

M A Ben Amara wrote:

as u use a vpn i wonder why you use a domain name to RUN_OPTS.... nevermind.

are your dockers running host mode ? for satip afaik they need to run in host mode to work, may worth to take a look.

alternative instead satip, u could use the m3u playlist from home and use this as iptv source in your vps.

Hi, my dockers run in host mode. If I don´t use the RUN_OPTS command the client not find any tuner.

When I use the m3u file...will the upload then be provided by the server (my home Tvheadend) providing the m3u or by the client (VServer)?
My upload home is too low so I want to use the Vserver from the provider

Try looking at output of trace satips on server, and trace tbl-satip,satip on client.

Sorry I dont know what you meen. Can you give me a short manual ?

may a question ahead before digging deeper, when your upload bw is not good ... where are the tuners ?
cause it doesnt matter if you use satip or m3u, bandwith = bandwith ... either way, so also using the tuners @home (if its like i think it is)
on your vserver will need upload bandwith ....

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Torsten Boos about 3 years ago

my upload at home is about 30 Mbit/s, the vserver from the provider has about 500 Mbit/s

I thought that I provide the tuner from home only on the vserver and the upload then runs on vserver.
Have I here a thinking error?

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara about 3 years ago

the stream goes from

tuner (home) -> vserver -> client

nevermind what protocol u use, satip, m3u, ...

so, when your tuner is at home and you want to provide from your vserver when i understand correctly,
1st your stream runs from home -> vserver where your 30mbits is the limit ... through a vpn pretty sure even less (encryption, overhead, ...)

as you receive your stream via dvb-c when i see this correctly at home, a normal HD stream is approx. 5-10mbits (1 stream), ARD and ZDF mostly even a bit more cause 50p as note even they are only 720p.

so your vserver may can provide with 500 mbits, but the tuners from your home to the vserver is the limit here.

so yes, you didnt respect the stream bandwith from your home to your vserver ...

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Torsten Boos about 3 years ago

M A Ben Amara wrote:

the stream goes from

tuner (home) -> vserver -> client

nevermind what protocol u use, satip, m3u, ...

so, when your tuner is at home and you want to provide from your vserver when i understand correctly,
1st your stream runs from home -> vserver where your 30mbits is the limit ... through a vpn pretty sure even less (encryption, overhead, ...)

as you receive your stream via dvb-c when i see this correctly at home, a normal HD stream is approx. 5-10mbits (1 stream), ARD and ZDF mostly even a bit more cause 50p as note even they are only 720p.

so your vserver may can provide with 500 mbits, but the tuners from your home to the vserver is the limit here.

so yes, you didnt respect the stream bandwith from your home to your vserver ...

Thanks for the explanation.
I think that my Vserver Tvheadend client is not running in host mode.

Do you have any idea how I can enter this host command "with --net=host and remove the -p flags" in my Plesk monitor?
Now it look like follow

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara about 3 years ago

--net=host

and doesnt matter what u do with the p flags, will be ignored on host networking

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Joe User almost 3 years ago

M A Ben Amara wrote:

cause it doesnt matter if you use satip or m3u, bandwith = bandwith

That is not true. bandwidth also GREATLY depends on latency for streaming. Two machines, each with 250Mbs internet connections will stream much differently depending on if they are located next door to each other, or half way around the world. Using UDP instead of TCP can be much better for streaming with high latency connections.

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara almost 3 years ago

Joe User wrote:

M A Ben Amara wrote:

cause it doesnt matter if you use satip or m3u, bandwith = bandwith

That is not true. bandwidth also GREATLY depends on latency for streaming. Two machines, each with 250Mbs internet connections will stream much differently depending on if they are located next door to each other, or half way around the world. Using UDP instead of TCP can be much better for streaming with high latency connections.

my explanation about bandwith is about the difference using satip or m3u stream, both need the same bandwith.

the author may was thinking with satip his upstream doesnt matter to his vserver ... which is not the case, the upstream does matter cause bandwith is so or so needed,
always talking about a passthrough stream ... the original stream has lets say 10 mbit, uploading as satip or m3u passthrough will stay 10 mbit.

i did not mention that there are no differences, but this is then OP here ...
and even next door with 2 different ISP's could be also worse then going around the world, at least in my experience ;) to finally be OT ;)

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Joe User almost 3 years ago

M A Ben Amara wrote:

my explanation about bandwith is about the difference using satip or m3u stream, both need the same bandwith.

Yes, but the point being that the quality of your "bandwidth" can be different if you are using UDP (satip) or TCP (m3u streams). :)

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by Torsten Boos almost 3 years ago

Unfortunately I can't get a connection from my VServer (Internet) to my tuners (Home).

I have a VU receiver with FBC tuner and minisatip at home. I want to make this available to my VServer with Docker and TVheadend.

I got the tuner visible with the command RUN_OPTS http://dyndns:8080/desc.xml

but can't start a search or it couldn't find any muxes. The dot in front of the tuner is green

Someone an idea?

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara almost 3 years ago

Torsten Boos wrote:

Unfortunately I can't get a connection from my VServer (Internet) to my tuners (Home).

I have a VU receiver with FBC tuner and minisatip at home. I want to make this available to my VServer with Docker and TVheadend.

I got the tuner visible with the command RUN_OPTS http://dyndns:8080/desc.xml

but can't start a search or it couldn't find any muxes. The dot in front of the tuner is green

Someone an idea?

may again, just use the m3u ... also minisatip is not really supported in combination with some images on vu and u loose some features (sample, vti and fast channel switching).

i also have a vu and using the m3u source

RE: TVHeadend to TVHeadend Sat-IP - Added by M A Ben Amara almost 3 years ago

Torsten Boos wrote:

Unfortunately I can't get a connection from my VServer (Internet) to my tuners (Home).

I have a VU receiver with FBC tuner and minisatip at home. I want to make this available to my VServer with Docker and TVheadend.

I got the tuner visible with the command RUN_OPTS http://dyndns:8080/desc.xml

but can't start a search or it couldn't find any muxes. The dot in front of the tuner is green

Someone an idea?

may again, use the m3u, easy and straight forward (limit to 1 connection for scanning, l8 u can raise).

i also have a vu and minisatip is not really supported (depending on image, i use vti, then u loose fcs as sample)

    (1-15/15)