Wrong time in EPG
Added by Anonymous over 3 years ago
since I installed TVH to a new machiene, the EPG seems to have the wrong times? The time displayed in the WebGUI is right, but not the times in the EPG (Offset of 2 hour). I have found in the Network-Settings an option "EIT time offset:" but whatever Value I chnge it too, doesn't seem to have any effect und the EPG-Times.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
RE: Wrong time in EPG - Added by Hyperion Moderkart over 3 years ago
I suppose that the EPG was already imported when you changed the time so it didn't change after you changed the setting. Did you try to re-trigger the EPG grabber manually and check?
RE: Wrong time in EPG - Added by Mathias müller over 3 years ago
so since a few days I have same problem --> offset of 2 hours. I can change EIT time offset to what I want, always a offset of 2 hours. Same with re-trigger the epg, no change. Deleted everything and muxed new networks, no change either...
I’m running Ubuntu 18.04, everything is up 2 date, time zone (Europe/Berlin) and date are correct, only activated grabber --> EIT: DVB Grabber.
I really don’t know what to try anymore, I hope someone can help us.
I made a clean install using the latest unstable version in the dozer repo --> 4.3-1251~gf4ebe3389, nothing changed, still 2 hours... Please some help, whats going on? Nobody an idea?
Solved. I set the EIT time to UTC, stopped tvheadend, deleted epgdb.v3, restart and it shows the right time.
RE: Wrong time in EPG - Added by Justin Case almost 3 years ago
I had the same problem.
- My tvheadend server sits in UTC+1 time.
- TVHeadend in my installation cannot change the local system time, so Configuration > General > Base > "Update Time" is set to "off", and "Enable NTP driver" is also set to "off".
- The local server time is set correctly to UTC+1 and displayed correctly by "date"
- In Configuration > DVB Inputs / Networks the networks were configured to use EIT as "local server time" (equals UTC+1) according to common advice in forums.
- In EPG all program items were shown as starting 1 hour too early as compared to the ground truth on the web pages of the program channels. All clients also exhibited the same 1h offset.
- In Configuration > DVB Inputs / Networks the networks I configured to use EIT as "UTC" instead of "local server time"="UTC+1".
- In /config I renamed "epgdb.v3" and "epgdb.v3.tmp" and moved all files in /config/epggrab/otamux to "somewhere else". I am not sure whether this is necessary, please verify for your own installation.
- Restart of application / docker container
- In Configuration > Channel/EPG > EPG Grabber click “Trigger OTA EPG Grabber” and “Re-run internal EPG Grabber"
Now it is working correctly for me (EPG time correctly displayed, EPG-based recording starts at the correct time).
So far I hope that helps anyone with this situation.
Now there are things that I still do not understand here and maybe someone can shed some light into this:
- Why would I need to set the network time offset to UTC if the server sits in UTC+1 and local server time is set and displayed correctly (using NTP)?
- Why is no new file "epgdb.v3" automatically created by TVheadend? The renamed file is not used any more, but the newly grabbed EPG data seems not to be written out disk.
- What is actually the stuff in config/epggrab/otamux? has it anything to do with the grabbed EPG data and needs to be removed to start EPG grabbing from scratch?
RE: Wrong time in EPG - Added by Liisa Heikkilä almost 2 years ago
Nothing of this solutions work for me and have-trigger the EPG grabber manually. Right time on server and right time in browser. But still Firefox show wrong time but Google chrome not. I installed Change Timezone (Time Shift) in Firefox and pick the right timezone:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/change-timezone-time-shift/ Now my epg recordings works and record on right time
RE: Wrong time in EPG - Added by P P 5 months ago
I think that i have SOLVED it like this:
In Configuration > DVB Inputs / Networks the networks I configured to use EIT as "UTC" instead of "local server time"="UTC+1".
In /config I renamed "epgdb.v3" and "epgdb.v3.tmp" files and moved all files in /config/epggrab/otamux to "somewhere else". I am not sure whether this is necessary, please verify for your own installation.
Restart of application / docker container
In Configuration > Channel/EPG > EPG Grabber click “Trigger OTA EPG Grabber” and “Re-run internal EPG Grabber"