Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS

Added by Martin Walter about 1 year ago

For those interested in native (non-docker) Tvheadend packages for their Synology NAS systems, you will find recent release packages (currently 4.2.6) published here:

https://synocommunity.com/

Test packages for future releases might be advertised and tested here again, but for the time being, please report any Synology package-specific issues with the Synocommunity, i.e. here:

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues

Some important remarks for test packages (currently not applicable):
  • All packages provided here are beta packages. Use at your own risk.
  • Always back up your Tvheadend configuration before you upgrade!
  • You cannot upgrade from a Tvheadend-Testing to a Tvheadend release package or vice versa. These packages have separate configurations. NEVER run a testing and a release package in parallel.
  • The upgrade process may take several minutes as recordings might have to be moved. Please be patient if the upgraded package does not start right away.
  • The release packages are very recent and up-to-date. I highly recommend staying away from testing packages at the moment, unless you cannot run the release packages for whatever reason and you know what you are doing.
  • If you are already running a package, which you have downloaded from here, upgrading should be safe (backup anyway!)
  • Otherwise, I recommend clean installations, especially if you have already installed packages from different sources and you have had trouble with user permissions in the past. There is some likelihood they are messed up. Also:
    - If you are currently running a Tvheadend-Testing package and you want to install a release package, you will have to start configuring it from scratch anyways.
    - If you are running an old release package on DSM5.2 and you want to upgrade your DSM and Tvheadend, upgrade your DSM first, only then upgrade TVH with a new release package. However, depending on how old your old release package is, you might still run into hicups. If that happens, you are most likely better off starting a clean configuration from scratch, too.

Updates / Edits:
- 08.05.2018: TVH 4.2.6 packages have been published on the Synocommunity repository. Link added.
- 14.04.2018: Update to TVH 4.2.6 (latest maintenance release) and fixes for installations on non-standard volumes
- 24.03.2018: Update fixing recordings being stored in the wrong place
- 26.01.2018: Added upgrading instructions
- 16.01.2018: Update to TVH 4.2.5 (latest maintenance release)
- 21.10.2017: Update to TVH 4.2.4 (latest maintenance release)

Replies (184)

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Martin Walter 4 months ago

Maybe this fix could be applied to future TVHeadend installer packages!?

This is exactly why I was asking... :)

Thanks for the confirmation...

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Christian Kneissl 4 months ago

Great...
There is also an option "-S" to disable logging to Syslog. Setting this, the checkmark of the syslog option permanently goes away .
Just for information, hibernation IS working also with syslog ON.

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by horst epipe 3 months ago

Hey
Any chance that you provide the current stable for a Synology DS414 with an armadaxp architecture? At the moment there's only a very old version (3.4.27-6) in your repo.

Best regards

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Martin Walter 3 months ago

It's available, see...
https://synocommunity.com/package/tvheadend
...but as beta.

Activate beta packages and it should show up...

ahh thank you very much, sorry :-)

mhh okay, v4.2.6 doesn't find my sundtek stick. I used v4.4 which found it without problems, but I had preferred to use a more stable version.
The Sundtek driver package is installed on my Synology.

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Martin Walter 3 months ago

Yes, known issue. Sundtek wanted to work on a solution, but not sure they did. I followed up with them. Let's see. For the time being there is a manual workaround that you can use:

- Install the new 4.2.x Tvh package, but don't start it yet.
- Then ssh into your NAS as root.
- Change into the "/var/packages/tvheadend/scripts" folder.
- Edit the "start-stop-status" script.
- In line 2 insert the following code:

if [ -e /usr/local/sundtek/opt/lib/libmediaclient.so ]; then
    export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/sundtek/opt/lib/libmediaclient.so
fi

- Save your changes and close everything.
- Start the Tvheadend package via the package manager and your Sundtek tuner should appear again.

This will survive stopping and restarting your TVH package, as well as restarting your NAS. It will not surviver future updates of the TVH package. In that case, you will have to repeat this procedure.

Thank you very much!
works excellent!

RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Ton VH 3 months ago

@olof
"@Gabriel, m4tt075 uloaded a version for the rtd1296 architecture (DS118, DS218, DS418, DS418j & DS218play) a couple of days ago. I'm currently running it successfully on my DS418j. Look here and have a go at it, https://github.com/m4tt075/spksrc/releases/download/TVH-4.2.5-recrecov/tvheadend_rtd1296-6.1_4.2.5-12.spk."

This link leads to a page that no longer exists. Do yo know wheree I can download a DSx18/RTD1296 version of TVHeadend?

1 ... 6 7 8 (176-184/184)