Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS
For those interested in native (non-docker) Tvheadend packages for their Synology NAS systems, you will find recent release packages published here:
Please report any Synology package-specific issues with the Synocommunity, i.e. here:
Unpublished test packages are sometimes available in this thread, but currently not available.Some important remarks for test packages (when available):
- All packages provided here are beta packages. Use at your own risk.
- Always back up your Tvheadend configuration before you upgrade!
- You cannot upgrade from a Tvheadend-Testing to a Tvheadend release package or vice versa. These packages have separate configurations. NEVER run a testing and a release package in parallel.
- The upgrade process may take several minutes as recordings might have to be moved. Please be patient if the upgraded package does not start right away.
- The release packages are very recent and up-to-date. I highly recommend staying away from testing packages at the moment, unless you cannot run the release packages for whatever reason and you know what you are doing.
- If you are already running a package, which you have downloaded from here, upgrading should be safe (backup anyway!)
- Otherwise, I recommend clean installations, especially if you have already installed packages from different sources and you have had trouble with user permissions in the past. There is some likelihood they are messed up. Also:
- If you are currently running a Tvheadend-Testing package and you want to install a release package, you will have to start configuring it from scratch anyways.
- If you are running an old release package on DSM5.2 and you want to upgrade your DSM and Tvheadend, upgrade your DSM first, only then upgrade TVH with a new release package. However, depending on how old your old release package is, you might still run into hicups. If that happens, you are most likely better off starting a clean configuration from scratch, too.
Updates / Edits:¶
- 26.02.2019: TVH 4.2.8 republished on SynoCommunity (fixes CA module regressions and upgrades of legacy packages)
- 09.02.2019: TVH 4.2.8 published on SynoCommunity (HW transcoding support via spawn profile TBC)
- 15.10.2018: TVH 4.2.7 test packages for DSM6.1+ available. Link added.
- 08.05.2018: TVH 4.2.6 packages have been published on the Synocommunity repository. Link added.
- 14.04.2018: Update to TVH 4.2.6 (latest maintenance release) and fixes for installations on non-standard volumes
- 24.03.2018: Update fixing recordings being stored in the wrong place
- 26.01.2018: Added upgrading instructions
- 16.01.2018: Update to TVH 4.2.5 (latest maintenance release)
- 21.10.2017: Update to TVH 4.2.4 (latest maintenance release)
RE: Tvheadend packages for Synology NAS - Added by Nigel Smith over 1 year ago
As a side issue, how do you backup the TVH settings 3on this build?