Project

General

Profile

Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9

Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

Hi,

i try to compile the latest master from gitbug on a DEBIAn 9 and received the following messages from
./comfigure:

checking for cc execinfo.h ... ok
checking for cc -mmmx ... ok
checking for cc -msse2 ... ok
checking for cc -Wunused-result ... ok
checking for cc getloadavg ... ok
checking for cc atomic32 ... ok
checking for cc atomic64 ... ok
checking for cc atomic_time_t ... ok
checking for cc bitops64 ... ok
checking for cc lockowner ... ok
checking for cc qsort_r ... ok
checking for cc stime ... ok
checking for cc gmtoff ... ok
checking for cc recvmmsg ... ok
checking for cc sendmmsg ... ok
checking for cc libiconv ... fail
checking for cc libdvben50221 ... ok
checking for cc ifnames ... ok
checking for py module gzip ... ok
checking for pkg-config ... ok
checking for xgettext ... ok
checking for msgmerge ... ok
checking for gzip ... ok
checking for bzip2 ... ok
checking for pkg openssl ... fail (detected <none>)
checking for pkg libssl ... fail (detected <none>)
checking for cc openssl/ssl.h ... fail

openssl, libiconv-hook-dev libiconv-hook1 are already installed in their latest version.

regards, Ireng


Replies (48)

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Mark Clarkstone over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

Hi,

i try to compile the latest master from gitbug on a DEBIAn 9 and received the following messages from
./comfigure:

checking for cc execinfo.h ... ok
checking for cc -mmmx ... ok
checking for cc -msse2 ... ok
checking for cc -Wunused-result ... ok
checking for cc getloadavg ... ok
checking for cc atomic32 ... ok
checking for cc atomic64 ... ok
checking for cc atomic_time_t ... ok
checking for cc bitops64 ... ok
checking for cc lockowner ... ok
checking for cc qsort_r ... ok
checking for cc stime ... ok
checking for cc gmtoff ... ok
checking for cc recvmmsg ... ok
checking for cc sendmmsg ... ok
checking for cc libiconv ... fail
checking for cc libdvben50221 ... ok
checking for cc ifnames ... ok
checking for py module gzip ... ok
checking for pkg-config ... ok
checking for xgettext ... ok
checking for msgmerge ... ok
checking for gzip ... ok
checking for bzip2 ... ok
checking for pkg openssl ... fail (detected <none>)
checking for pkg libssl ... fail (detected <none>)
checking for cc openssl/ssl.h ... fail

openssl, libiconv-hook-dev libiconv-hook1 are already installed in their latest version.

regards, Ireng

dvb-apps.

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

Already installed :

dvb-apps ist schon die neueste Version (1.1.1+rev1500-1.1+b1)

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Mark Clarkstone over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

Already installed :

dvb-apps ist schon die neueste Version (1.1.1+rev1500-1.1+b1)

Strange, I'm running Stretch & it builds fine..

Have you tried sudo ./Autobuild.sh -o deps?

For SSL you need "libssl-dev" installed.

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

./Autobuild.sh -o deps installed additional packages, make and make install ==> Everything is ok!

Now, as usual the problem with the login and password.......

Many thanks for your advice!

reagrds, Ireng

PDS: How to start tvheadend with a less privileged user ?

The user has to belong to a certain group ??

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Mark Clarkstone over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

./Autobuild.sh -o deps installed additional packages, make and make install ==> Everything is ok!

Now, as usual the problem with the login and password.......

Many thanks for your advice!

reagrds, Ireng

PDS: How to start tvheadend with a less privileged user ?

The user has to belong to a certain group ??

The user just needs "video" group rights/access to /dev/dvb, and permissions to config/$HOME folders.

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/24116
need to add some new dependency info for libpcre2-8
but work perfekt info is more full than wiki ;)

And if some one of those who can pin it on top will be very easy for newcomers.

Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - IV - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

the server runs fine, however, as expected I do have massive problems to login!

2 I do have 2 accounts: user1:password 1 for admin purposes
user2:password2 for operation.

login with bot users /credentials is impossible. /$home/config file does have 660 permissions for the respected user ! restart does not change the situation.

"version": 24,
"full_version": "4.3-295~ga9dffb7e9",
"server_name": "Tvheadend",
"http_server_name": "HTS/tvheadend",
"http_realm_name": "tvheadend",
"hbbtv": false,
"uilevel": 0,
"uilevel_nochange": false,
"ui_quicktips": true,
"digest": true,
"proxy": false,
"cookie_expires": 7,
"dscp": -1,
"caclient_ui": false,
"descrambler_buffer": 9000,
"parser_backlog": false,
"language": [
],
"epg_compress": true,
"epg_cutwindow": 300,
"epg_window": 86400,
"info_area": [
"login",
"storage",
"time"
],
"theme_ui": "blue",
"tvhtime_update_enabled": false,
"tvhtime_ntp_enabled": false,
"tvhtime_tolerance": 5000,
"prefer_picon": false,
"chiconscheme": 0,
"piconscheme": 0,
"wizard": "hello",
"satip_rtsp": 0,
"satip_anonymize": false,
"satip_weight": 100,
"satip_remote_weight": true,
"satip_descramble": 1,
"satip_rewrite_pmt": false,
"satip_muxcnf": 0,
"satip_nom3u": false,
"satip_iptv_sig_level": 220,
"force_sig_level": 0,
"satip_dvbs": 0,
"satip_dvbs2": 0,
"satip_dvbt": 0,
"satip_dvbt2": 0,
"satip_dvbc": 0,
"satip_dvbc2": 0,
"satip_atsct": 0,
"satip_atscc": 0

Is there any start/stop script available ??

/dev/dvb ist not avaialble, since I use OCTOPUSNet SAT-IP server.

regards, Ireng

PS The only way to have webaccess is the firstrun option! I do not want to configure the server EACH Time I want to access !!

Igf i start tvhedend with the admin user(1) the operational user82) will be displayed in the login screen!

it is a total mess! Please help to resolv!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - IV - Added by Mark Clarkstone over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

the server runs fine, however, as expected I do have massive problems to login!

2 I do have 2 accounts: user1:password 1 for admin purposes
user2:password2 for operation.

login with bot users /credentials is impossible. /$home/config file does have 660 permissions for the respected user ! restart does not change the situation.

"version": 24,
"full_version": "4.3-295~ga9dffb7e9",
"server_name": "Tvheadend",
"http_server_name": "HTS/tvheadend",
"http_realm_name": "tvheadend",
"hbbtv": false,
"uilevel": 0,
"uilevel_nochange": false,
"ui_quicktips": true,
"digest": true,
"proxy": false,
"cookie_expires": 7,
"dscp": -1,
"caclient_ui": false,
"descrambler_buffer": 9000,
"parser_backlog": false,
"language": [
],
"epg_compress": true,
"epg_cutwindow": 300,
"epg_window": 86400,
"info_area": [
"login",
"storage",
"time"
],
"theme_ui": "blue",
"tvhtime_update_enabled": false,
"tvhtime_ntp_enabled": false,
"tvhtime_tolerance": 5000,
"prefer_picon": false,
"chiconscheme": 0,
"piconscheme": 0,
"wizard": "hello",
"satip_rtsp": 0,
"satip_anonymize": false,
"satip_weight": 100,
"satip_remote_weight": true,
"satip_descramble": 1,
"satip_rewrite_pmt": false,
"satip_muxcnf": 0,
"satip_nom3u": false,
"satip_iptv_sig_level": 220,
"force_sig_level": 0,
"satip_dvbs": 0,
"satip_dvbs2": 0,
"satip_dvbt": 0,
"satip_dvbt2": 0,
"satip_dvbc": 0,
"satip_dvbc2": 0,
"satip_atsct": 0,
"satip_atscc": 0

Is there any start/stop script available ??

/dev/dvb ist not avaialble, since I use OCTOPUSNet SAT-IP server.

regards, Ireng

PS The only way to have webaccess is the firstrun option! I do not want to configure the server EACH Time I want to access !!

Why are you not building & installing a deb package? You already have all the needed build deps [after running ./Autobuild.sh -o deps] so just make one using ./Autobuild.sh & install using dpkg -i tvheadend*<version>*.deb?

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

When using deb package installer make user/group etc
for situation when there is no user but service started,
see with user and group start it usually tvh:video
stop service and run tvh via command line

tvheadend -u tvh -g video -s -c /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/

or test with superuser hack

nano /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/superuser
{
"username": "USERNAME,
"password": "PASSWORD" 
}

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

as stated in the thread i compiled tvheadend(thze latest) from sccratch (GITHUB) !

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

as stated in the thread i compiled tvheadend from sccratch (GITHUB) !

And inside root of that you git clone from Github,
there is Autobuild.sh with make deb packages from code

Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - V - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

Sorry, the supersuser hack does not work for me!

tvheadend -u user1 -g video -s -f -c /home/user1/superuser does not even start tvheadend!

tvheadend -f -u user1 -g video does not give me permission to enter either !

regards, ireng

PS Only -firstrun option gives me webaccess!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

  -C, --firstrun              If no user account exists then create one with
                              no username and no password. Use with care as
                              it will allow world-wide administrative access
                              to your Tvheadend installation until you create or edit
                              the access control from within the Tvheadend web interface.

superuser not to work = wrong startup location

use

tvheadend -h

all this is made by deb installation
set permissions groups users etc.

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

I created another user tvh....trying to start with supersuer hack; NO SUCCESS!

tvheadend -u tvh -g video -s -f -c /home/tvh/superuser with tvh:video permissions for directory and file!

I am very tired of tryingsuch a comlicated and cumbersome system!

bye, bye TVHEADEND!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

RTFM
to work must be in
~user/.hts/tvheadend

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Mark Clarkstone over 4 years ago

Bapak Ireng wrote:

I created another user tvh....trying to start with supersuer hack; NO SUCCESS!

tvheadend -u tvh -g video -s -f -c /home/tvh/superuser with tvh:video permissions for directory and file!

I am very tired of tryingsuch a comlicated and cumbersome system!

bye, bye TVHEADEND!

It's a shame you've decided to give up that easy. The problem is, is that you're not listening to what we're saying to you.

I can see you're struggling, and was going to suggest a teamviewer session to help you get set up.

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

i tried the location /root/.hts/tvheadend/spueruser since i compiled with root and

tvheadend -u ireng -g video -s -f -c /root/.hts/tvheadend/superuser

NO SUCCESS!

Otherwise no .hts subdirectory available!

Where is the manual ? So far I did not find any ...except for soem HOW-Tos which do not apply!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

./Autobuild.sh -t stretch-amd64
target stretch-amd64 not supported

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

Thanks for the support!

I ran through the compile successfully already!

I ONLY Can't LOGIN!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

Compilation = OK
Installation = KO

Use
dpkg -i tvheadend_.deb*

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

dpkg -i tvheadend_.deb*
dpkg: Fehler: Auf das Archiv »tvheadend_.deb*« kann nicht zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

********************************************
./Autobuild.sh -t stretch-amd64
target stretch-amd64 not supported

there is NO Tvheadend_deb Package!!!!!!!

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

Are you have a basic linux understandings?
Do you know how to use command ls?

dpkg -i tvheadend_*.deb

text bolding make some problems

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by Bapak Ireng over 4 years ago

Is that good enough for ls understanding ????

tvhed.png (154 KB) tvhed.png

RE: Compile latest master from github on DEBIAN 9 - Added by saen acro over 4 years ago

Who tell you to put
-t stretch-amd64
after
./Autobuild.sh

(1-25/48)