Project

General

Profile

problems with inital setup

Added by digital desaster over 10 years ago

Hi i followed the setup instructions:

my card :STB0899 Multistandard

add dvb network by location: i select Astra 19.2 and set network id to 1: i don't know if this is right for Astra (google says 0x0001) but setup fails if set to 0 also

there are 78 Muxes and after a while the status is: Muxes awaiting initial scan:0

after that i clicked on: Map DVB Services to channels

now tvheadend seems to tune the channels..

this is the log..:

Quote:
Jul 10 09:42:59 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 18) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:42:59 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 31) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:00 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 18) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:00 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 31) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:00 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 18) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:00 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 31) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:00 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 18) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:01 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: PSI: Transport "STB0899 Multistandard/12,669,500 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" PMT (version 31) updated, Composition ID changed, Ancillary ID changed, PIDs reordered
Jul 10 09:43:01 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "12,441,000 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" (1841000, 29700000 Baud, 2/3, SYS_DVBS2, PSK_8)
Jul 10 09:43:22 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "11,361,750 kHz Horizontal (Default (Port 0, Universal LNB))" (1611750, 22000000 Baud, 2/3, SYS_DVBS2, PSK_8)
Jul 10 09:43:42 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "12,522,000 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" (1922000, 22000000 Baud, 5/6, SYS_DVBS, QPSK)
Jul 10 09:43:48 (none) daemon.err nmbd1028: [2011/07/10 09:43:48.050181, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:350(find_domain_master_name_quer y_fail)
Jul 10 09:43:48 (none) daemon.err nmbd1028: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Jul 10 09:43:48 (none) daemon.err nmbd1028: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Jul 10 09:43:48 (none) daemon.err nmbd1028: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
Jul 10 09:44:02 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "12,265,500 kHz Horizontal (No satconf)" (1665500, 27500000 Baud, 3/4, SYS_DVBS, QPSK)
Jul 10 09:44:22 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "10,979,000 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" (1229000, 22000000 Baud, 5/6, SYS_DVBS, QPSK)
Jul 10 09:44:42 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "12,721,750 kHz Horizontal (Default (Port 0, Universal LNB))" (2121750, 22000000 Baud, 5/6, SYS_DVBS, QPSK)
Jul 10 09:45:03 (none) daemon.debug tvheadend798: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning via s2api to "11,302,750 kHz Horizontal (No satconf)" (1552750, 22000000 Baud, 2/3, SYS_DVBS2, PSK_8)

it runs the whole night.. but no channels appear in the channels tab..

there are a lot of services, but all without service name and channel name..

i hope someone can help.

thanks in advance

dd


Replies (2)

RE: problems with inital setup - Added by Hein Rigolo over 10 years ago

Network ID is not a required field, so I would leave it empty if you do not know if you need this. If it is populated tvheadend will look at the NIT-Others tables to get information instead of the NIT-Actual.

In order to make sure that your DVB setup if correct: Can you tune and watch a FTA channel using this page:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device

Hein

RE: problems with inital setup - Added by digital desaster over 10 years ago

Thanks for this.. It seems to be a problem with the driver

I tried the latest XBMC Live, but my dvb-s card was not installed (i checked with dmesg | grep DVB ). i did a upgrade and a dist-upgrade but still no card found.

lspci delivers 03:06.0 Multimedia controller: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd Mantis DTV PCI Bridge Controller [Ver 1.0] (rev 01)

After this i tried OpenElec.TV. my card was found but as i described above, the mapping does not work.

My System runs great with Yavdr (Ubuntu VDR Distribution). So a few minutes ago, i installed TVHeadend within the yavdr-system. I stopped the vdr-service and now
tvheadend finds the channels.

i will try to find out which drivers are used by Yavdr and how i can install those drivers under XBMC Live...

regards
dd

    (1-2/2)