Project

General

Profile

Geniatech-HDStar-v3 setup problems on raspberry pi

Added by Steve G over 1 year ago

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any tips on setting up HDStar v3 on raspberry pi please. I've read conflicting information so I'm not sure what is true now.

I'm running, stretch/ raspbian Linux raspberrypi 4.19.30-v7+ #1209.

This is my Dmesg:
[ 5.304826] Invalid probe, probably not a DS3000
[ 5.304858] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'SU3000HD DVB-S USB2.0'
[ 5.305161] Registered IR keymap rc-su3000
[ 5.305378] rc rc0: SU3000HD DVB-S USB2.0 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.3/rc/rc0
[ 5.305769] input: SU3000HD DVB-S USB2.0 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.3/rc/rc0/input0
[ 5.306104] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver dw2102 registered at minor = 0, scancode receiver, no transmitter
[ 5.306115] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
[ 5.306129] dw2102: su3000_power_ctrl: 0, initialized 1
[ 5.306136] dvb-usb: SU3000HD DVB-S USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.
[ 5.306369] usbcore: registered new interface driver dw2102

I've installed and compiled the latest media build. If I run lsdvb it reports no devices. Nothing appears in the tvheadend web site either.

I've managed to get this setup fine on my Ubuntu 18.04 device using the same method. Any tips?

Many thanks!!!
Steve


Replies (3)

RE: Geniatech-HDStar-v3 setup problems on raspberry pi - Added by Steve G over 1 year ago


sudo apt-get install git patchutils libdigest-sha-perl libproc-processtable-perl raspberrypi-kernel-headers libssl-dev bzip2 make gcc patch kernel-package  libncurses5-dev dvb-apps w-scan python-pip bison bc flex

sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/notro/rpi-source/master/rpi-source -O /usr/bin/rpi-source && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/rpi-source && /usr/bin/rpi-source -q --tag-update
rpi-source

git clone https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/media_build.git
cd media_build
sudo ./build
sudo ./install.sh
Reboot

I'm not sure if the above commands are correct, but these are the commands I ran to download and build the new modules

RE: Geniatech-HDStar-v3 setup problems on raspberry pi - Added by Steve G over 1 year ago

Looks as though I never had the media drivers loaded correctly. After rebuilding the drivers correctly this time, I then get.

[ 458.099698] usb 1-1.1.3: USB disconnect, device number 5
[ 462.486408] usb 1-1.1.2: new high-speed USB device number 8 using dwc_otg
[ 462.627567] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=1f4d, idProduct=3000, bcdDevice= 0.00
[ 462.627584] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 462.627593] usb 1-1.1.2: Product: USB Stick
[ 462.627603] usb 1-1.1.2: Manufacturer: Max
[ 462.627612] usb 1-1.1.2: SerialNumber: 080116
[ 462.818814] media: Unknown symbol __sanitizer_cov_trace_pc (err -2)

Which is even worse I think. So I've removed all the media modules and I'm back to where I was above. Stumped :(

    (1-3/3)