Project

General

Profile

4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL?

Added by Becky Boo almost 4 years ago

Hi all, it feels good to join the forums and get involved, but as I'm new I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advise please?

I am using LibreElec 8.1.109 and just installed Tvheadend 4.1.2425 in the hope of using it for recording TV.
I am using a M3U URL for my live TV listings in the simple IPTV client and I hope I can use the same URL in Tvheadend.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do this and if so, where can I enter it? If am using the GUI and prefer to keep it that way


Replies (19)

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

you clearly havent performed a search 1st before posting this

lots of information on this forum

myself, I have quite a war and peace going on related to IPTV and TVH

the Search bar is there for a reason ;)

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Becky Boo almost 4 years ago

Hi Daz, thanks for the very warm welcome! :P

I did use the search feature, while m3u does get mentioned a hell of a lot (almost too much), I am unable to see the posts that are entirely relevant to my situation. There are plenty of people talking about setting it up in Kodi running on Windows but not Libre or OpenElec. I can get around doing the basics, but I have no clue what mux's, playon and .ts incoming streams are! I was really hoping someone would be able to provide me with the beginners tips to get me started.

Since then, I have actually figured out where to put the m3u URL in the wizard. I can see 5 channels now when there should be 100's, so thats something else for me to work on.

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Sean Micklem almost 4 years ago

Hi Becky. Daz can be abrasive sometimes but it actually sounds like you and he are experiencing a similar issue. Daz has been told repeatedly that TVHeadend wasn't really designed for this usage case. If a provider rate-limits how often you can make a new connection then TVHeadend's attempt to scan channels repeatedly will get it locked out on most attempts, or at least that is how I understand it. If you try the scan again you might pick up another four of five channels. I think there is also a way to add just the channels you really want manually, though I have an older version of TVHeadend, so can't tell you how it's done in 4.1 versions.

Daz has said at least a couple of times now that in effect he is all through with TVHeadend and that he's going to write his own software to handle IPTV streams. Maybe if he'd get to writing and spend less time posting his many complaints and jabs he'd have it written. ;)

I am not a programmer so I am not qualified to pass judgement on how easy or hard it would be for TVHeadend to handle these streams correctly. I suspect that it's a bit of a combination of the TVHeadend developers being a little pedantic, and refusing to consider easy solutions because they don't fit neatly into the existing framework, and also partly that when Daz first brought up this issue he was a little abrasive about it and didn't really make anyone want to drop everything else and solve that problem, not that anyone should be expected to. My guess is that now that this issue is on the radar it will get solved eventually, but in the Linux world "eventually" could mean months or even years, and that will in part depend on how easy or difficult the fix really is (Daz seems to think it's a piece of cake, I have my doubts about that) and what percentage of the TVHeadend user base is affected by it.

The bottom line is you are wanting TVHeadend to do something it wasn't originally designed to do. Now, if you were running the current stable version of TVHeadend (4.0.9) I would say that you could create muxes using a ffmpeg pipe. 4.1 is supposed to have an easier mechanism to do it but I don't know what that is, I think you have probably already figured it out, but unfortunately you have already discovered the limitation.

EDIT: Also be sure you have read this page: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Automatic_IPTV_Network/13

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Robert Cameron almost 4 years ago

Is it possible, yes. Is it as simple as entering a URL in a dialog box, no.

First, are the streams in your M3U MPEG-TS streams? If so, then good. If not, Tvheadend 4.2.1 (the current actual release and stable version) has minimal support for HLS streams, but I wouldn't count on them.

Also, getting Tvheadend setup to use XMLTV-based guide data requires use of the command line, and LibreELEC does not contain the utilities necessary by default.

So in short, what you want is possible; but not in the simple point-and-click manner you wish.

If you are interested in setting up a PVR for recording TV, I recommend doing some research on your location and providers, so you will know what type of hardware you will require. That will in turn lead you to which types of software will work best for you. And if you do decide to go with a PVR, for everyone's sake please ditch LibreELEC: it is a poor excuse for a proper OS and will cause you nothing but problems trying to work around its limitations (such as inability to easily upgrade core components, like a current and proper build of Tvheadend).

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Sean Micklem almost 4 years ago

Robert Cameron wrote:

If you are interested in setting up a PVR for recording TV, I recommend doing some research on your location and providers, so you will know what type of hardware you will require. That will in turn lead you to which types of software will work best for you. And if you do decide to go with a PVR, for everyone's sake please ditch LibreELEC: it is a poor excuse for a proper OS and will cause you nothing but problems trying to work around its limitations (such as inability to easily upgrade core components, like a current and proper build of Tvheadend).

+1

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

I'm abrasive because I get pissed off with the bollocks being spouted about TVH not doing what it wasn't designed for. bullshit as usual

you only have to look at the road map to see plethora of changes to introduce and strengthen the iptv and xml capabilities. what hacks me off is non programmers spouting shite about technology they don't understand and maintain a defence of the indefensible.

the truth be told

abrasive enough?

i am already on with the changes as a forked branch for upstream push should it be needed. further, one of the devs had contacted me to advise on functionality in one area.

Sean should try to understand a program, and give accurate assessment prior to engaging in posting 'advice' on this forum which, from experience I've read, isn't much help.

my post above stands beckyboo. pm me for more help, the ass kisses here do my nuts in.

a little bit of knowledge is always dangerous eh Sean!!

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Robert Cameron almost 4 years ago

Daz Egar wrote:

I'm abrasive because I get pissed off with the bollocks being spouted about TVH not doing what it wasn't designed for. bullshit as usual

you only have to look at the road map to see plethora of changes to introduce and strengthen the iptv and xml capabilities. what hacks me off is non programmers spouting shite about technology they don't understand and maintain a defence of the indefensible.

the truth be told

abrasive enough?

i am already on with the changes as a forked branch for upstream push should it be needed. further, one of the devs had contacted me to advise on functionality in one area.

Sean should try to understand a program, and give accurate assessment prior to engaging in posting 'advice' on this forum which, from experience I've read, isn't much help.

my post above stands beckyboo. pm me for more help, the ass kisses here do my nuts in.

a little bit of knowledge is always dangerous eh Sean!!

No, you're abrasive because you want the program to work your way and feel that it ought to change to do, regardless of what it means for its core infrastructure. I doubt your changes will be accepted upstream because they focus on one specific use case and does not follow the principles of the program at large.

And before you claim that those calling you abrasive don't understand the code, perhaps you should actually discover if that is the case. I maintain my own personal fork of Tvheadend that supports the HDHR Prime using the library support rather than HTTP streaming; I've chosen not to make it fully publically available yet because it doesn't fit in to TVH's architecture the way I've done it. So, think before you speak.

On a different note: the worst thing to happen to TVH was the decision of OpenELEC/LibreELEC to include it with their poor Kodi distribution.

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

pointless debating this anymore
I'll just do what I need and leave it there. if upstream want it fine, if they don't that's fine too. happy to put something back, happy to have it ignored. completely indifferent. I'm not the one loosing sleep over this!

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Becky Boo almost 4 years ago

Sean Micklem wrote:

Hi Becky. Daz can be abrasive sometimes but it actually sounds like you and he are experiencing a similar issue. Daz has been told repeatedly that TVHeadend wasn't really designed for this usage case. If a provider rate-limits how often you can make a new connection then TVHeadend's attempt to scan channels repeatedly will get it locked out on most attempts, or at least that is how I understand it. If you try the scan again you might pick up another four of five channels. I think there is also a way to add just the channels you really want manually, though I have an older version of TVHeadend, so can't tell you how it's done in 4.1 versions.

Daz has said at least a couple of times now that in effect he is all through with TVHeadend and that he's going to write his own software to handle IPTV streams. Maybe if he'd get to writing and spend less time posting his many complaints and jabs he'd have it written. ;)

I am not a programmer so I am not qualified to pass judgement on how easy or hard it would be for TVHeadend to handle these streams correctly. I suspect that it's a bit of a combination of the TVHeadend developers being a little pedantic, and refusing to consider easy solutions because they don't fit neatly into the existing framework, and also partly that when Daz first brought up this issue he was a little abrasive about it and didn't really make anyone want to drop everything else and solve that problem, not that anyone should be expected to. My guess is that now that this issue is on the radar it will get solved eventually, but in the Linux world "eventually" could mean months or even years, and that will in part depend on how easy or difficult the fix really is (Daz seems to think it's a piece of cake, I have my doubts about that) and what percentage of the TVHeadend user base is affected by it.

The bottom line is you are wanting TVHeadend to do something it wasn't originally designed to do. Now, if you were running the current stable version of TVHeadend (4.0.9) I would say that you could create muxes using a ffmpeg pipe. 4.1 is supposed to have an easier mechanism to do it but I don't know what that is, I think you have probably already figured it out, but unfortunately you have already discovered the limitation.

EDIT: Also be sure you have read this page: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Automatic_IPTV_Network/13

Hi Sean, thanks for your reply. I can understand how frustrating it is when people don't get the functionality that they want/need but manners don't cost a thing do they? In my experience, the ruder people are to me, the less I want to help. Not the way to go about things when you are asking for help on forums. I'm new here, so I'll shut up and be respectful :D

Anyway! I am no programmer wither, however I do work in IT and have some pretty programmer friends. I wonder If they can do anything or help. I will ask the question.
At least I know now by what you said the TVH is not designed to do what I want and I know that its not just me doing something wrong.
I can take a look at created thing muxes as you suggested but I don't really know what they are at this stage so I'll do a bit of research and take a look at the link you provided! Thanks!

Robert Cameron wrote:

Is it possible, yes. Is it as simple as entering a URL in a dialog box, no.

First, are the streams in your M3U MPEG-TS streams? If so, then good. If not, Tvheadend 4.2.1 (the current actual release and stable version) has minimal support for HLS streams, but I wouldn't count on them.

Also, getting Tvheadend setup to use XMLTV-based guide data requires use of the command line, and LibreELEC does not contain the utilities necessary by default.

So in short, what you want is possible; but not in the simple point-and-click manner you wish.

If you are interested in setting up a PVR for recording TV, I recommend doing some research on your location and providers, so you will know what type of hardware you will require. That will in turn lead you to which types of software will work best for you. And if you do decide to go with a PVR, for everyone's sake please ditch LibreELEC: it is a poor excuse for a proper OS and will cause you nothing but problems trying to work around its limitations (such as inability to easily upgrade core components, like a current and proper build of Tvheadend).

I'm not sure what a MPEG-TS Stream is so I can't answer that question. I have a subscription with ACE-IPTV who provide me with a M3U Playlist URL and EPG URL. Both if which work great in LibreElec's Simple IPTV addon.
If I ditched LibreElec, would you suggest using full on Kodi?

Daz Egar wrote:

I'm abrasive because I get pissed off with the bollocks being spouted about TVH not doing what it wasn't designed for. bullshit as usual

you only have to look at the road map to see plethora of changes to introduce and strengthen the iptv and xml capabilities. what hacks me off is non programmers spouting shite about technology they don't understand and maintain a defence of the indefensible.

the truth be told

abrasive enough?

i am already on with the changes as a forked branch for upstream push should it be needed. further, one of the devs had contacted me to advise on functionality in one area.

Sean should try to understand a program, and give accurate assessment prior to engaging in posting 'advice' on this forum which, from experience I've read, isn't much help.

my post above stands beckyboo. pm me for more help, the ass kisses here do my nuts in.

a little bit of knowledge is always dangerous eh Sean!!

Thanks Daz, I really appreciate your offer of help. I no way did I mean to add to your frustrations. I too, just like you, want it to work but the only difference is, I have no clue what I'm doing!

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

no worries becky
is just jerks who spout rubbish about people wanting something to work their way. it's bullshit from airheads. everyone wants something relevant to them. over time, functionality is increased so hopefully everyone gets what they desire out of an app. it's obviously simple to a brain dead amoeba, but not some here it seems.

becky, in sure aceTV stream mpegts, they are a reseller of iptv which means you pay them and they pay someone else. assuming it's a pay syservice, I dint know, not into all that!

anyway post a line from your m3u file, any line begining

http://

but make sure you remove the username and password bit before posting here. let's see...

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Robert Cameron almost 4 years ago

Becky Boo wrote:

Robert Cameron wrote:

Is it possible, yes. Is it as simple as entering a URL in a dialog box, no.

First, are the streams in your M3U MPEG-TS streams? If so, then good. If not, Tvheadend 4.2.1 (the current actual release and stable version) has minimal support for HLS streams, but I wouldn't count on them.

Also, getting Tvheadend setup to use XMLTV-based guide data requires use of the command line, and LibreELEC does not contain the utilities necessary by default.

So in short, what you want is possible; but not in the simple point-and-click manner you wish.

If you are interested in setting up a PVR for recording TV, I recommend doing some research on your location and providers, so you will know what type of hardware you will require. That will in turn lead you to which types of software will work best for you. And if you do decide to go with a PVR, for everyone's sake please ditch LibreELEC: it is a poor excuse for a proper OS and will cause you nothing but problems trying to work around its limitations (such as inability to easily upgrade core components, like a current and proper build of Tvheadend).

I'm not sure what a MPEG-TS Stream is so I can't answer that question. I have a subscription with ACE-IPTV who provide me with a M3U Playlist URL and EPG URL. Both if which work great in LibreElec's Simple IPTV addon.
If I ditched LibreElec, would you suggest using full on Kodi?

Here are couple of links to clarify:
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream – MPEG-TS is a container format, meaning it holds different streams of programs, audio, video, subtitles, &c. Other common containers are MPEG-4 Part 14 (MP4) and Matroska (MKV).
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming – HLS is a streaming protocol, basically consisting of a playlist with links to small chunks of a larger media stream, and the order in which those chunks go.
  • https://libreelec.tv/about/ – "LibreELEC is ‘Just enough OS’ for Kodi, a Linux distribution built to run Kodi on current and popular mediacentre hardware."
  • http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR – Kodi is essentially a media player and library application; PVR functionality is available by interfacing with existing PVR software solutions that are running outside of Kodi.
  • http://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_epggrab/ – If you have a valid XMLTV document, you can feed it to Tvheadend which either requires a cronjob (or similar) to pipe the XMLTV into Tvheadend's XMLTV socket; or you can install third-party software/scripts (such as the oft-used tv_grab_file) to set up an external grabber for Tvheadend.

Being a multi-purpose media player, Kodi's support of stream types is far greater than Tvheadend's. Therefore, what works in Kodi using the IPTV Simple PVR client may work with Tvheadend, but there is no guarantee that it will. Also, without seeing it one cannot say whether your EPG URL from your IPTV subscriber is XMLTV, but most likely it is and should work with Tvheadend; however there is no guarantee about this, either.

Because traditional PVR software was originally written to deal with traditional TV sources and their formats, most PVR software only deals well with those circumstances. Tvheadend fits into this category. On the other hand, IPTV services can vary wildly in how they deliver streams, authenticate users, &c. For that reason, many IPTV services have their own infrastructure when it comes to DVR functionality. Also, because of the proprietary nature of these IPTV ecosystems, they often do not work well traditional PVR software.

If you are still interested in having a full PVR system, then I would recommend looking for such software. Of course, there are several packages that do this, and some of them of different requirements than others. You need to consider which OS you will be using, whether you will be needing transcoding and which hardware will run your PVR. I am certain there are some PVR packages that support IPTV streams better or in a more user-friendly manner than Tvheadend does, and if simplicity is your goal perhaps they might suit your needs better.

With regard to your "full on Kodi" statement: LibreELEC is full on Kodi. It provides the media player software. However, PVR functionality is not technically a part of Kodi, and in general requires additional software to manage the PVR services such as streaming feeds to the Kodi interface, timeshifting, recording and match EPG entries to streams. If what you meant instead is whether you need a "full on PVR", then as I previously mentioned you would be better served by investigating the different software packages to find the one that best meets your needs. If that package is indeed Tvheadend, then the best recommendation is to install it on a system running a Linux distribution that provides a full OS, not the pared down minimal approach that LibeELEC offers because the limitations will only lead to further frustrations.

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Sean Micklem almost 4 years ago

Daz Egar wrote:

is just jerks who spout rubbish about people wanting something to work their way. it's bullshit from airheads. everyone wants something relevant to them. over time, functionality is increased so hopefully everyone gets what they desire out of an app. it's obviously simple to a brain dead amoeba, but not some here it seems.

Oh, the irony...

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Becky Boo almost 4 years ago

Daz Egar wrote:

no worries becky
is just jerks who spout rubbish about people wanting something to work their way. it's bullshit from airheads. everyone wants something relevant to them. over time, functionality is increased so hopefully everyone gets what they desire out of an app. it's obviously simple to a brain dead amoeba, but not some here it seems.

becky, in sure aceTV stream mpegts, they are a reseller of iptv which means you pay them and they pay someone else. assuming it's a pay syservice, I dint know, not into all that!

anyway post a line from your m3u file, any line begining

http://

but make sure you remove the username and password bit before posting here. let's see...

Thanks Daz. I think I understand a little more now.
The URL I have is http://ace-tv.xyz:25461/[email protected]&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Robert Cameron wrote:

Here are couple of links to clarify:
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream – MPEG-TS is a container format, meaning it holds different streams of programs, audio, video, subtitles, &c. Other common containers are MPEG-4 Part 14 (MP4) and Matroska (MKV).
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming – HLS is a streaming protocol, basically consisting of a playlist with links to small chunks of a larger media stream, and the order in which those chunks go.
  • https://libreelec.tv/about/ – "LibreELEC is ‘Just enough OS’ for Kodi, a Linux distribution built to run Kodi on current and popular mediacentre hardware."
  • http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR – Kodi is essentially a media player and library application; PVR functionality is available by interfacing with existing PVR software solutions that are running outside of Kodi.
  • http://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_epggrab/ – If you have a valid XMLTV document, you can feed it to Tvheadend which either requires a cronjob (or similar) to pipe the XMLTV into Tvheadend's XMLTV socket; or you can install third-party software/scripts (such as the oft-used tv_grab_file) to set up an external grabber for Tvheadend.

Being a multi-purpose media player, Kodi's support of stream types is far greater than Tvheadend's. Therefore, what works in Kodi using the IPTV Simple PVR client may work with Tvheadend, but there is no guarantee that it will. Also, without seeing it one cannot say whether your EPG URL from your IPTV subscriber is XMLTV, but most likely it is and should work with Tvheadend; however there is no guarantee about this, either.

Because traditional PVR software was originally written to deal with traditional TV sources and their formats, most PVR software only deals well with those circumstances. Tvheadend fits into this category. On the other hand, IPTV services can vary wildly in how they deliver streams, authenticate users, &c. For that reason, many IPTV services have their own infrastructure when it comes to DVR functionality. Also, because of the proprietary nature of these IPTV ecosystems, they often do not work well traditional PVR software.

If you are still interested in having a full PVR system, then I would recommend looking for such software. Of course, there are several packages that do this, and some of them of different requirements than others. You need to consider which OS you will be using, whether you will be needing transcoding and which hardware will run your PVR. I am certain there are some PVR packages that support IPTV streams better or in a more user-friendly manner than Tvheadend does, and if simplicity is your goal perhaps they might suit your needs better.

With regard to your "full on Kodi" statement: LibreELEC is full on Kodi. It provides the media player software. However, PVR functionality is not technically a part of Kodi, and in general requires additional software to manage the PVR services such as streaming feeds to the Kodi interface, timeshifting, recording and match EPG entries to streams. If what you meant instead is whether you need a "full on PVR", then as I previously mentioned you would be better served by investigating the different software packages to find the one that best meets your needs. If that package is indeed Tvheadend, then the best recommendation is to install it on a system running a Linux distribution that provides a full OS, not the pared down minimal approach that LibeELEC offers because the limitations will only lead to further frustrations.

Thanks Robert, thats a little bit of light reading for me! Between full time work and a 12 month old boy I think it may take me a while to get through, but they are now on my "to read" list.
When you talk of PVR packages do you mean an additional piece of hardware or in the form of another add-on? I quickly Googled it and I either got Now-TV boxes or stuff relating to Debian.
So to run TVH alongside LibreElec it may be best to install it on its own server on not on the same device. Thats food for thought, I would feel more comforatble about leaving that turned on then for scheduled recordings. Thanks!

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Sean Micklem almost 4 years ago

Becky, when Robert talks about a PVR "package" what he means is a PVR software package, or what would be called a program in the Windows world. Tvheadend is a "package", but there are other PVR packages that will work with Kodi, some of which run under Linux and some of which run under Windows. If you go to the Addons section in Kodi and look under My Addons and then PVR Clients, you will see that there are many PVR software packages that have Kodi PVR Client addons, and a Kodi PVR Client addon is necessary in order to use Kodi with a PVR package. You (or perhaps a setup script) would have to have enabled the Tvheadend HTSP client in order to use Kodi with Tvheadend. Most of us are only really familiar with Tvheadend, since that's what we use, so we don't really know if there is other PVR client software that handles IPTV streams better than Tvheadend.

A "Now-TV box" is not a PVR backend that's compatible with Kodi, unless perchance it happens to be running PVR software that Kodi can use. But we are still talking about the software, not the hardware it may be running on. Debian is a Linux operating system, like Ubuntu, but you probably knew that already. Ubuntu is actually derived from Debian so they have many things in common, but that's a whole other discussion that's not all that relevant right now.

As Robert suggested, I would advise you to totally dump LibreElec. Expunge it from your system. If you have to, start over from scratch. Install Ubuntu and then install Kodi and whatever PVR software you plan to use, be it Tvheadend or something else. You can run your PVR backend on a separate machine from the one you run Kodi on if you wish, and one PVR backend system can feed more than one frontend. So for example, you could have your PVR server in the basement, feeding HTPC'c (home theater PC's) in the living room and in a few other rooms as well. The HTPC's would run Kodi, while your PVR server would run Tvheadend or whatever PVR software you choose to use. Since Tvheadend is just a software program, it can be run on any system with a compatible version of Linux (I recommend Ubuntu Server edition if you are only going to run Tvheadend, or regular Ubuntu if you are also going to install Kodi or anything else that needs a desktop). Since Tvheadend is for the most part just moving data around (unless you are also doing transcoding), you don't need a super fast machine.

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

becky ,
hi again

for. irst. I totally totally disagree with the guys above. they are just getting you into more confusion and complexity. libreelec is fine for what you want, or rather what you are posting here..

Ubuntu.. OMG... geeks

second. I can confirm you are receiving mpegts ts streams. so this is DEAD simple, no need for Ubuntu and all that, bloody hell guys what are you thinking of!!!

so becky...

1.delete whatever you have in tvh
2. create a new IPTV AUTOMATIC NETWORK

CLICK CREATE then edit the network

4. in the URL box enter
http://ace-tv.xyz:25461/[email protected]&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

changing your username and password obviously

set max input streams to 1

then click CREATE

5. then click MUXES

you will see all the channels (they ain channels yet, not in TVH, b4 the geeks jump in!!!)

6. come back and tell me how fast you got then we can proceed to create the channels and its ready for kodi to connect

PM me if you want to very out of the bull being spouted above

x

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Sean Micklem almost 4 years ago

Daz Egar wrote:

second. I can confirm you are receiving mpegts ts streams. so this is DEAD simple, no need for Ubuntu and all that, bloody hell guys what are you thinking of!!!

I can't speak for Robert, but I for one think you are a self-centered blowhard that's trying to dazzle us with bullshit. You keep saying things are so DEAD simple, if so where is that great software you are writing that makes this dead simple, and WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL GIVING BAD ADVICE IN THIS FORUM?!?!?!

Just go develop your f**king software, set up your own forum, and you can be the king of bullshit in your own little garden. You have made it obvious that Tvheadend doesn't meet your needs, AND you have bragged about how simple it is to create a better program, so just go do it already! It must not be so damn DEAD SIMPLE if you are still here pissing and moaning about how it could be so easily done.

The problem with OpenElec and LibreElec is that it sacrifices flexibility for the sake of expediency. I don't disagree that they make it deceptively easy to set up, but it's a trap. Once you are in their world you are limited to running their software. Oh, you want the latest version of Tvheadend? Forget it until they choose to offer it. Oh, you need to install a driver or some additional software to make your remote control or other hardware work? Unless they offer it, you can forget it, because there's no way to install software they haven't "blessed." The point is that when you go into their world you are putting your system in their hands. If someone ever hacked them and introduced a virus or trojan horse into their code, you could not get rid of it short of nuking the whole system.

Robert and I have been on this forum for months, and while I don't consider myself an expert, I try to help people as I am able. I believe Robert is a developer, or at least an expert user. You've been on this forum for all of two weeks (you registered on 2017-04-12) and suddenly we're the ones that are slinging the bull and you are the Tvheadend expert? Give us a break! In my opinion you've done nothing positive for this forum, and you've managed to irritate a lot of people in that short time.

Seriously, if you are such a hot developer that knows everything about everything, go develop your super great software that everyone will rave about. But until you learn some social skills, I really wish you'd find some other forum to haunt, because you're coming off like a know-it-all that doesn't really have a clue. Maybe you think that dissing others will make you look good by comparison, but it doesn't, it just makes you look like an even bigger ass.

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Daz Egar almost 4 years ago

don't worry about Sean,
had just upset because he's adumbfuck with a little Knowledge, always a concern when they crawl over forums posting bullshit, but it is only to substitute their ignorance

did you do it becky

?

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Chris Koster almost 4 years ago

Hi Daz Edgar,

I managed to get all the streams as muxes. But all muxes (altough .ts url is correct) get FAIL result after scanning. How to successfully add them as services so I can map them to channels?

RE: 4.1 on LibreElec/Kodi with M3U URL? - Added by Chris Koster almost 4 years ago

Never mind, I got it after reading the manual :p

Had to re-add the IPTV network and limit scanning to service ID.

    (1-19/19)