Project

General

Profile

Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces

Added by Jasmin Jessich almost 4 years ago

Hello TVH and DD CI users!

I have implemented the support for the Digital Devices CI interfaces (see also https://tvheadend.org/issues/4477). Currently only one service can use the dedicated CI at a time. There is no MCD (Multi Channel Decoding) or MTD (Multi Tuner Decoding) implemented.

It is 95% working, but sometimes the CAM doesn't decrypt. This is no problem of the new code, but of the PID selection for CAMs in TVH general, I guess. I tried to find the reason, but TVH is too complicated in this area and I am not willing to spend hours and hours to analyse this part of TVH. The DD CI code is 100% finished and works, if the PIDs are set properly by TVH. This has been already tested by me and another TVH user.

I also asked Jaroslav for support, but he has currently no time, so I stopped the project at this stage. As long as I don't get more support, I am not willing to continue working on this! I am not using TVH at all and did this only, because a friend asked me to do this. Without proper support form any TVH developer the last 5% can't be implemented.

You can find the code at GitHub on the ddci branch:

https://github.com/jasmin-j/tvheadend/tree/ddci

I will not submit a pull request, because it is not 100% working. Once the last 5% are done, it can be integrated to TVH.

Have fun and BR,
Jasmin


Replies (76)

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 9 months ago

_ mpajer wrote:

so no news for MTD (Multi Tuner Decoding) on Digital Devices CI?
Any developer that could make this happen?
Even if we support him/her directly via kickstarter or some similar way?

I've been looking way to deep into this as I am also trying to see of TVHeadend is able to fully use my Digital Devices Max A8i TV Card with Octopus Twin CI and just 2 smartcards.

Therefore I did end up at https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/pull/1090/commits/d6b84d41db942679a0b46010b9ae2fa056404eaf#diff-83ed672342d9db2ada6e8d05449b074f6399e46984cd20d72a70946da3e2b6faR889 , which is 1 line of one commit of a pull request. This pr was merged into master, but not part of any release branches. Using PPA Unstable you will be able to get a release with that included! Hopefully that actually works out for me. It does contain MCD, but not MTD. So you can descamble multiple channels from 1 mux, but not multiple channels from different muxes.

I somehow also cannot get it to work. The CAM is ready, automatically a CA is created and an attempt is made to descamble a stream. My cam somehow complains that I do not have subscriptions for a channel I can descamble with both NextPVR (next release) and TVMosaic (r.i.p. :( ) . I guess something minor must be off for me! I'm willing the supply logs and anything needed to figure it this out. I am hoping someone is willing to look and actually knows what to look for/at!

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 9 months ago

Only Jasmin Jessich is commit source code for DD is i know
https://github.com/jasmin-j/tvheadend/commits/ddci_mcd_III

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 9 months ago

Well, I believe I'm close to having Tvheadend use my dd cam... I even saw MTD work in cases, but something disagrees.

Sadly I keep running into:
2021-01-04 10:00:49.972 [ INFO]:en50221: dvbca0-0: ops menu: {"selectable":true,"title":"AlphaCrypt","subtitle":" ","bottom":"Press OK","choices":["You are not entitled","to receive this programme !"]}

tvh.log (256 KB) tvh.log

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Jasmin Jessich 9 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Only Jasmin Jessich is commit source code for DD is i know
https://github.com/jasmin-j/tvheadend/commits/ddci_mcd_III

Please don't post old branches which are already merged to master.

MCD is working, MTD is not and I will not implement this in a reasonable time frame to tvheadend.
I even stopped working on VDR, which I am using, due to lack of time.

Robin Brouwerwrote:

Sadly I keep running into:
2021-01-04 10:00:49.972 [ INFO]:en50221: dvbca0-0: ops menu: {"selectable":true,"title":"AlphaCrypt","subtitle":"
","bottom":"Press OK","choices":["You are not entitled","to receive this programme !"]}

It is really long long time ago when I worked with TVH.
I am not sure, but I guess TVH has no CAM Menu support. For that you need another tool.
Walk to this thread, possibly it is somewhere described which tool you can use to configure the CAM.
I am pretty sure you didn't configure the Alphacrypt CAM correctly.

BR,
Jasmin

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 9 months ago

Do you enter in cam menu?
You can use gnutv

*You are not entitled, to receive this programme !*

mean that there is not possible to open program.
Is there a pin correct?

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 9 months ago

I can enter the CAM menu using:
gnutv -cammenu

and gives me:

▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Mainmenu
0. Quit menu
1. Information
2. Smartcard
3. Email Messages
4. Parental Control
5. Module Options
6. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 5
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Options
0. Quit menu
1. Language/Sprache: ENGLISH
2. Smartcard Messages: ON
3. AlphaCrypt Applications/Updates
4. Expert Menu
5. Factory Settings
6. Quit
Change with OK
Enter option: 4
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Warning
0. Quit menu
1. Please change the expert options only
2. if you really know the consequences.
3. Please read the user manual first
4. -Go to expert menu-
5. -Back-
Confirm with OK
Enter option: 4
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Expert menu
0. Quit menu
1. CA systems: SINGLE (from smartcard only)
2. CA registration: DYNAMIC (refresh always)
3. Force reading original PMT: AUTO
4. CA-PMT delete time: 0 s
5. CI-Watchdog: 1500 ms
6. dbox compatibility: ON
7. IC smartcard priority: I-Code
8. Debug Menu
9. Quit
Change with OK
Enter option: 8
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Debug menu
0. Quit menu
1. EMM/ECM info
2. PID information
3. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 1
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
EMM/ECM information
0. Quit menu
1. ECM counter: 0
2. Decrypted ECM counter: 0
3. EMM-U counter: 0
4. EMM-S counter: 0
5. EMM-G counter: 0
6. Refresh
7. Back
Press OK to clear counter
Enter option: 2
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
EMM/ECM information
0. Quit menu
1. ECM counter: 0
2. Decrypted ECM counter: 0
3. EMM-U counter: 0
4. EMM-S counter: 0
5. EMM-G counter: 0
6. Refresh
7. Back
Press OK to clear counter
Enter option: 7
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Debug menu
0. Quit menu
1. EMM/ECM info
2. PID information
3. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 2
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
PID information
0. Quit menu
1. ECM/ES PID Status:
2. No service !
3. ### EMM PID information ###
4. No EMM_PID
Press OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Debug menu
0. Quit menu
1. EMM/ECM info
2. PID information
3. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 3
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Expert menu
0. Quit menu
1. CA systems: SINGLE (from smartcard only)
2. CA registration: DYNAMIC (refresh always)
3. Force reading original PMT: AUTO
4. CA-PMT delete time: 0 s
5. CI-Watchdog: 1500 ms
6. dbox compatibility: ON
7. IC smartcard priority: I-Code
8. Debug Menu
9. Quit
Change with OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Options
0. Quit menu
1. Language/Sprache: ENGLISH
2. Smartcard Messages: ON
3. AlphaCrypt Applications/Updates
4. Expert Menu
5. Factory Settings
6. Quit
Change with OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Mainmenu
0. Quit menu
1. Information
2. Smartcard
3. Email Messages
4. Parental Control
5. Module Options
6. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Mainmenu
0. Quit menu
1. Information
2. Smartcard
3. Email Messages
4. Parental Control
5. Module Options
6. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 1
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Information    (CPU: 70%)
0. Quit menu
1. Loader version: ACBoot V2.35P3 (c) 2012 Mascom GmbH
2. Application version: 3.28
3. Supports satellite update: yes
4. Compiled at: Dec  3 2014 16:58:03
Press OK
Enter option:
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Mainmenu
0. Quit menu
1. Information
2. Smartcard
3. Email Messages
4. Parental Control
5. Module Options
6. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 2
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Smartcard:  105#######   NLD
0. Quit menu
1. Refresh
2. Entitlements
3. Back
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 2
------------------------------
▒
Please wait...
0. Quit menu

Enter option: ------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt
Smartcard entitlements:
0. Quit menu
1. CA-System: 0x0606
2. Product / Date / Token
3. 0: 0384 / x1DFB / xC800
4. 1: FFE0 / x1DFA / x1F00
5. 2: 000B / x1DFA / xC900
6. 3: 7FFD / x1DFB / x0A00
7. 4: FFD8 / x1DFB / xC800
8. 5: 0385 / x1DFA / xC900
Continue with OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Smartcard:  105#######   NLD
0. Quit menu
1. Refresh
2. Entitlements
3. Back
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 0
------------------------------
▒AlphaCrypt 3.28 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Mainmenu
0. Quit menu
1. Information
2. Smartcard
3. Email Messages
4. Parental Control
5. Module Options
6. Quit
Select item and press OK
Enter option: 6

As you can see I walked thru most menu's to show the current config of the module. I am not asked for any pin unless I enter the Parental control menu. The pin for that is 0000, which is something I tried setting up in "TV Adapter" -> "CA0-0: AlphaCrypt (Module ready)" -> "Pin" just to be sure. These settings work fine for TvMosaic and NextPVR on windows, but I cannot get it to work for TvHeadend.
I just do not know what setting I need to change in this case! I did play with them in attempt to make it work based on certain other responses I saw.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 9 months ago

Disable messages

Smartcard Messages: ON

is tuner and ci are on same TAB?

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 9 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Disable messages
[...]

is tuner and ci are on same TAB?

The tuner and ci are different adapters; Digital Devices Max A8i TV Card + Octopus Twin CI. I believe there's no bridging is available for that hardware combination (if it is, I will post dmesg so we can see that) and I believe with dd ci that is not needed, right?

Turning "Smartcard Messages: OFF" will remove those nasty "ops menu: {"selectable":true,"title":"AlphaCrypt","subtitle":" ","bottom":"Press OK","choices":["You are not entitled","to receive this programme !"]}" lines, but it will not descamble with that OFF either.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 9 months ago

Robin Brouwer wrote:

saen acro wrote:

Disable messages
[...]

is tuner and ci are on same TAB?

The tuner and ci are different adapters; Digital Devices Max A8i TV Card + Octopus Twin CI. I believe there's no bridging is available for that hardware combination (if it is, I will post dmesg so we can see that) and I believe with dd ci that is not needed, right?

Turning "Smartcard Messages: OFF" will remove those nasty "ops menu: {"selectable":true,"title":"AlphaCrypt","subtitle":" ","bottom":"Press OK","choices":["You are not entitled","to receive this programme !"]}" lines, but it will not descamble with that OFF either.

https://www.digital-devices.eu/shop/en/accessoires/cables/156/ribbon-cable-12-cm-data-cable-for-connection-of-expansion-modules?c=175

do you have such cable? from tuner to CI?

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 9 months ago

I do not have such cable installed.

Would I need such a cable? Before I would spend money buying such a cable, can you explain what makes you think that cable is needed?

I did believe this section in the log tells us packets are being sent to the CAM for descambling, however they are returned descambled. I might be completely wrong of course! Just wanting to learn about it...

2021-01-04 10:00:08.910 [  TRACE]:ddci: CAM ci0 recv rd(CAM ->):5376, wr:5376
2021-01-04 10:00:08.910 [  TRACE]:ddci: CAM ci0 got 5225 scrambled packets from CAM
2021-01-04 10:00:08.910 [  TRACE]:ddci: CAM ci0 send buff rd(-> CAM):5694, wr:5694

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 8 months ago

Just for those that are interested in my solution:
I setup minisatip to handle the heavy lifting with tuners and ci modules. minisatip does have MTD support and within TvHeadend it does not matter much if you use the tuners using minisatip or directly.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by _ mpajer 8 months ago

My CI is working with TVHeadend and able to descramble multiple channels from 1 mux (MCD),
but after while (few days or weeks) it always stops working and begin logging same message as noted above (You are not entitled, to receive this programme !)

When I pull the module from Octopus and insert it to the TV, it "reactivates" and I am able to use it with TVHeadend for a while.
Then I must reactivate it again..

Robin Brouwer wrote:

Just for those that are interested in my solution:
I setup minisatip to handle the heavy lifting with tuners and ci modules. minisatip does have MTD support and within TvHeadend it does not matter much if you use the tuners using minisatip or directly.

Thanks for info, can you share how exactly you made it?

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 8 months ago

I guess this will be a bit offtopic, but I doubt anyone will care...

It depends on how you setup linux. I'm using Ubuntu 20.04, which comes with kernel drivers for my tuner. (I only had to recompile the kernel for setting CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS to something higher than 8!)

After that I did:

git clone https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip
./configure
nano src/Makefile
make
In the src/Makefile file 1 line should be changed (hence the nano command). DDCI=0 should be changed into DDCI=1, which made the section at the top end up looking like:
CC=gcc
EMBEDDED=0
DVBCSA=1
DVBAES=1
DVBCA=1
SATIPCLIENT=1
NETCVCLIENT=0
STATIC=0
DVBAPI=1
LINUXDVB=1
AXE=0
ENIGMA=0
DDCI=1
T2MI=0

If for you things like DVBCSA or DVBAES or DVBCA are set to 0, it's time to apt install some extra libs and start again with ./configure! There's also a possible DDCI_TEST=1, which you could add below DDCI. Then minisatip should work in case you use DD's drivers.

After compiling is completed, follow the steps in tools/autostart.readme for installing it into Ubuntu.

And then finally you will of course disable all tuners in Tvheadend and enable those coming from minisatip!

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by the man 6 months ago

Robin Brouwer wrote:

I guess this will be a bit offtopic, but I doubt anyone will care...

It depends on how you setup linux. I'm using Ubuntu 20.04, which comes with kernel drivers for my tuner. (I only had to recompile the kernel for setting CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS to something higher than 8!)

After that I did: [...]In the src/Makefile file 1 line should be changed (hence the nano command). DDCI=0 should be changed into DDCI=1, which made the section at the top end up looking like:
[...]
If for you things like DVBCSA or DVBAES or DVBCA are set to 0, it's time to apt install some extra libs and start again with ./configure! There's also a possible DDCI_TEST=1, which you could add below DDCI. Then minisatip should work in case you use DD's drivers.

After compiling is completed, follow the steps in tools/autostart.readme for installing it into Ubuntu.

And then finally you will of course disable all tuners in Tvheadend and enable those coming from minisatip!

Hi Robin,
How have you started the ./minisatip? Have you added any options for it?
I have build the minisatip (with the DDCI=1), disabled all tuners at the TVH and started ./minisatip, then tried to configure sat2ip tuner(s) at the TVH. Free to Air channels works well, but not the Encrypted. Card is
Digital Devices OctopusCI S2 Pro Advanced - Twin CI and Twin DVB-S2 Tuner for PCIe Slot

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Robin Brouwer wrote:

saen acro wrote:

Disable messages
[...]

is tuner and ci are on same TAB?

The tuner and ci are different adapters; Digital Devices Max A8i TV Card + Octopus Twin CI. I believe there's no bridging is available for that hardware combination (if it is, I will post dmesg so we can see that) and I believe with dd ci that is not needed, right?

Turning "Smartcard Messages: OFF" will remove those nasty "ops menu: {"selectable":true,"title":"AlphaCrypt","subtitle":" ","bottom":"Press OK","choices":["You are not entitled","to receive this programme !"]}" lines, but it will not descamble with that OFF either.

https://www.digital-devices.eu/shop/en/accessoires/cables/156/ribbon-cable-12-cm-data-cable-for-connection-of-expansion-modules?c=175

do you have such cable? from tuner to CI?

Bullshit: there is no cable from "tuner to CI".

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

_ mpajer wrote:

My CI is working with TVHeadend and able to descramble multiple channels from 1 mux (MCD),
but after while (few days or weeks) it always stops working and begin logging same message as noted above (You are not entitled, to receive this programme !)

After 12 weeks.

When I pull the module from Octopus and insert it to the TV, it "reactivates" and I am able to use it with TVHeadend for a while.
Then I must reactivate it again..

There is no entitlement handling within TVH. This is the procdure you have to have when using tvh.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Disable messages
[...]

is tuner and ci are on same TAB?

There is no possiblity on DD HW to have tuner and ci on the same tab.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

the man wrote:

Robin Brouwer wrote:

I guess this will be a bit offtopic, but I doubt anyone will care...

It depends on how you setup linux. I'm using Ubuntu 20.04, which comes with kernel drivers for my tuner. (I only had to recompile the kernel for setting CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS to something higher than 8!)

After that I did: [...]In the src/Makefile file 1 line should be changed (hence the nano command). DDCI=0 should be changed into DDCI=1, which made the section at the top end up looking like:
[...]
If for you things like DVBCSA or DVBAES or DVBCA are set to 0, it's time to apt install some extra libs and start again with ./configure! There's also a possible DDCI_TEST=1, which you could add below DDCI. Then minisatip should work in case you use DD's drivers.

After compiling is completed, follow the steps in tools/autostart.readme for installing it into Ubuntu.

And then finally you will of course disable all tuners in Tvheadend and enable those coming from minisatip!

Hi Robin,
How have you started the ./minisatip? Have you added any options for it?
I have build the minisatip (with the DDCI=1), disabled all tuners at the TVH and started ./minisatip, then tried to configure sat2ip tuner(s) at the TVH. Free to Air channels works well, but not the Encrypted. Card is
Digital Devices OctopusCI S2 Pro Advanced - Twin CI and Twin DVB-S2 Tuner for PCIe Slot

Would you pls show the dmesg output for these solution ? Especially the
lines with "tab" are important.

For minisatip you have to use the ddbridge reallocation option.
Search for adapter_alloc=3.

It is not needed to disable all tuners within tvh. But make sure that only one of these two is running.

Unfortunatly a reboot is needed when swizching between minisatip and tvh. ddbridge states that
the needed echo command may not work if the module has been in use :(

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 5 months ago

@ Der Depp vom Dienst why not edit your posts, and not flood so many serial post's

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

saen acro wrote:

@ Der Depp vom Dienst why not edit your posts, and not flood so many serial post's

Dont understand.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by saen acro 5 months ago

Der Depp vom Dienst wrote:

saen acro wrote:

@ Der Depp vom Dienst why not edit your posts, and not flood so many serial post's

Dont understand.

Edit your last post, do not post new one, there is a yellow pencil for that.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

saen acro wrote:

Der Depp vom Dienst wrote:

saen acro wrote:

@ Der Depp vom Dienst why not edit your posts, and not flood so many serial post's

Dont understand.

Edit your last post, do not post new one, there is a yellow pencil for that.

Why ? I didn't get the point.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 5 months ago

Der Depp vom Dienst wrote:

the man wrote:
Would you pls show the dmesg output for these solution ? Especially the
lines with "tab" are important.

For minisatip you have to use the ddbridge reallocation option.
Search for adapter_alloc=3.

It is not needed to disable all tuners within tvh. But make sure that only one of these two is running.

Unfortunatly a reboot is needed when swizching between minisatip and tvh. ddbridge states that
the needed echo command may not work if the module has been in use :(

I use the drivers included multimedia part of the ubuntu kernel. I did not set them up with adapter_alloc=3 as compiling minisatip with ddci=1 does allow it to use the cam when needed for a stream with mtd!

dmesg for my tuner is:

[    3.355202] mc: Linux media interface: v0.10
[    3.363565] ddbridge: Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver 0.9.33-integrated, Copyright (C) 2010-17 Digital Devices GmbH
[    3.377520] xen: --> pirq=19 -> irq=36 (gsi=36)
[    3.378126] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: detected Digital Devices Octopus CI
[    3.378152] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: HW 0101000c REGMAP 00010005
[    3.384300] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): NO MODULE
[    3.389492] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): NO MODULE
[    3.389494] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: Port 2: Link 0, Link Port 2 (TAB 3): CI internal
[    3.389495] ddbridge 0000:00:05.0: Port 3: Link 0, Link Port 3 (TAB 4): CI internal
[    3.390257] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.390258] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.398115] xen: --> pirq=16 -> irq=40 (gsi=40)
[    3.398401] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: detected Digital Devices MAX A8 C2T2I
[    3.398410] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: HW 00010008 REGMAP 00010002
[    3.517240] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-C2T2 ISDB-T CXD2854
[    3.521698] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): DUAL DVB-C2T2 ISDB-T CXD2854
[    3.526162] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: Port 2: Link 0, Link Port 2 (TAB 3): DUAL DVB-C2T2 ISDB-T CXD2854
[    3.530211] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: Port 3: Link 0, Link Port 3 (TAB 4): DUAL DVB-C2T2 ISDB-T CXD2854
[    3.530778] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530778] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530779] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530779] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530779] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530780] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530780] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.530780] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[    3.538668] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 00000000097c5629 SLVX addr 6e SLVT addr 6c
[    3.538741] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6c reg=00 len=1
[    3.540984] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.540985] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.556833] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.557070] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 00000000097c5629 SLVX addr 6f SLVT addr 6d
[    3.558107] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6d reg=00 len=1
[    3.560209] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.560210] i2c i2c-2: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.576106] tda18212 2-0063: NXP TDA18212HN/S successfully identified
[    3.576124] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 3 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.576321] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 000000002b4b965e SLVX addr 6e SLVT addr 6c
[    3.577276] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6c reg=00 len=1
[    3.579311] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.579313] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.590785] tda18212 3-0060: NXP TDA18212HN/M successfully identified
[    3.590800] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 4 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.590980] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 000000002b4b965e SLVX addr 6f SLVT addr 6d
[    3.591798] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6d reg=00 len=1
[    3.594324] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.594325] i2c i2c-3: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.602562] tda18212 3-0063: NXP TDA18212HN/S successfully identified
[    3.602578] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 5 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.602764] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 00000000d4ea463a SLVX addr 6e SLVT addr 6c
[    3.603575] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6c reg=00 len=1
[    3.606247] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.606248] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.615386] tda18212 4-0060: NXP TDA18212HN/M successfully identified
[    3.615408] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 6 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.615594] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 00000000d4ea463a SLVX addr 6f SLVT addr 6d
[    3.616598] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6d reg=00 len=1
[    3.619074] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.619075] i2c i2c-4: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.624321] cryptd: max_cpu_qlen set to 1000
[    3.639361] tda18212 4-0063: NXP TDA18212HN/S successfully identified
[    3.639379] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 7 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.639592] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 0000000072ee92ce SLVX addr 6e SLVT addr 6c
[    3.641137] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6c reg=00 len=1
[    3.642430] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.642431] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.656208] tda18212 5-0060: NXP TDA18212HN/M successfully identified
[    3.656231] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 8 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    3.656546] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): I2C adapter 0000000072ee92ce SLVX addr 6f SLVT addr 6d
[    3.657405] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er: i2c wr failed=-5 addr=6d reg=00 len=1
[    3.660939] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): attaching CXD2854ER DVB-C/C2/T/T2/ISDB-T frontend
[    3.660940] i2c i2c-5: cxd2841er_attach(): chip ID 0xc1 OK.
[    3.670418] AVX2 version of gcm_enc/dec engaged.
[    3.670419] AES CTR mode by8 optimization enabled
[    3.674214] tda18212 5-0063: NXP TDA18212HN/S successfully identified
[    3.674230] ddbridge 0000:00:06.0: DVB: registering adapter 9 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2854ER DVB-T/T2/C and ISDB-T demodulator)...
[    9.038512] dvb_ca_en50221: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
[   25.422341] dvb_ca_en50221: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully

Given I do not have debug logs enabled, minisatip does not show much:

Apr 29 13:04:36 minisatip systemd[1]: Started Multi-threaded SAT>IP server.
Apr 29 13:04:36 minisatip minisatip[712]: [29/04 13:04:36.694 main]: minisatip version 1.0.4-9f3f923, compiled in Jan 10 2021 12:39:24, with s2api version: 050B
Apr 29 13:04:37 minisatip kernel: [  464.312394] dvb_ca_en50221: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
Apr 29 13:04:46 minisatip minisatip[712]: [29/04 13:04:46.076 main]: Initializing with 10 devices

Please note that minisatip sees all 10 devices! Also the cams!

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Der Depp vom Dienst 5 months ago

Robin Brouwer wrote:

Given I do not have debug logs enabled, minisatip does not show much:
[...]
Please note that minisatip sees all 10 devices! Also the cams!

Is the redirect enabled ?

Somthing like "echo "10 02" > /sys/class/ddbridge/ddbridge0/Redirect

IMHO minsatip still needs the redirection.

tvh should in theory work with both representations but too often it does not.

RE: Support Digital Devices CI Interfaces - Added by Robin Brouwer 5 months ago

When compiling minisatip with ddci=1 in the make file, minisatip will do the redirection itself without ddbridge needing to do it!

Update: Minisatip version: v1.1.4-65f7685 Fixed emm processing for ddci. So on my setup this version of minisatip will descramble perfectly. You might want to look at the -c parameter. It allows setting the maximum amount of channels that will be descrambled using a single cam. It defaults to 2 now. If you know you can do more, it is wise to use that parameter to adjust that for each cam.

(51-75/76)