DVBSKy D690C with SMARCAM tivùsat SmarDTV: "DVB CAM did not respond"
I'm trying to descramble tivùsat channnel with the DVBSKy S960C and TeleSystem SmarCAM (produced by SmarDTV). tivùsat channels are encrypted with Nagravision 3, but - by now - that's not the point of my issue.
I'm using the DVBSKy S960C mainly on my Raspberry Pi 3 B with TVHeadend (self-compiled, Build: 4.1-2414~g041b949), and also on Ubuntu 16.04 (I think that the build is the same as the one on the RPi).
In the DVB Imputs>TV Adapters tab I see the CI adapter as ca0. Inserting the CAM module the ca0 atapter status change from slot empty to module present. The issue comes now, after ~10 seconds the status change back to slot empty.
If the CAM is inserted at the system and TVHeadend CAM, instead of hot-plugging it, the ca0 status in TVH is always slot empty.
Kernel Log (filtered “dvb”):
[ 4.098599] usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'DVBSky S960CI' in warm state
[ 4.099367] usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
[ 4.099431] DVB: registering new adapter (DVBSky S960CI)
[ 4.100662] usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: MAC address: 00:18:42:54:96:0c
[ 4.244554] usb 1-1.4: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Montage Technology M88DS3103)...
[ 4.278583] Registered IR keymap rc-dvbsky
[ 4.279467] input: DVBSky S960CI as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/rc/rc0/input3
[ 4.279494] rc0: DVBSky S960CI as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/rc/rc0
[ 4.279516] usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs
[ 4.279533] usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: 'DVBSky S960CI' successfully initialized and connected
[ 4.279654] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dvbsky
[ 10.414769] m88ds3103 3-0068: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw'
[ 11.404582] usb 1-1.4: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (950000..2150000)
[ 312.550981] dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM did not respond :(
Here we can see the real issue: the CAM is not responding. I've installed the the DVBSKy drivers. I’ve also tried compiling both DVBSKy media build, and standard media build (by LinuxTV), but the error returned it’s always the same.
I’ve read many topics around the web, but none of that helped me.
https://tvheadend.org/boards/13/topics/20014 (this scares me)
https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg105806.html (this talk about a CI+ CAM, but it’s similar to the one i own, and also the error it’s the same)
Thaks in advance.