Project

General

Profile

Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber

Added by Davor Komljenovic 19 days ago

I am not sure if this is a bug or by design. I only noticed this issue in last few days when I added a second internal grabber.

I was using internal grabber "tv_grab_file" for XMLTV file import. I recently added more channels for which I needed a second internal grabber. I copied the "tv_grab_file" into "tv_grab_file2" and modified it with location of the second XMLTV file that I needed to import. I restarted Tvheadend and the second internal grabber showed up.

I didn't like the long name of the EPG module, which came from the "tv_grab_file" and "file2". The name was "XMLTV: tv_grab_file ..." So I changed both files and shortened the names so I can identify them easier when assigning EPG sources to channels. I updated the files then restarted Tvheadend.

However the names in "EPG Grabber Modules" did not change. I did some digging and the "config" file in tvheadend/epggrab folder did not update. I did some other changes such as disabling and enabling the grabbers and the "config" file did change. But changing the name did not update the file.

So is this by design or is this a bug? I am assuming it is a bug since the names should update once the internal grabber files are updated and Tvheadend restarted.


Replies (6)

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Mark Clarkstone 19 days ago

Did you shorten the grabber description (in the actual grabber) too?

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Davor Komljenovic 19 days ago

Where is the "grabber description"?

Here is what I changed: in the "tv_grab_file", there are lines:
if [ "$dflag" ]
printf "XMLTV: tv_grab_file ...
fi

From this bit of code is where Tvheadend pulled the grabber name. So I modified this piece of code to a new name, i.e. "printf "New name"

I saved the file, made sure nothing changed in terms of access rights (user hts, group video) and restarted Tvheadend. Once restarted, in Tvheadend Webgui and in the "config" file in epggrab folder are the old names, i.e. "XMLTV: tv_grab_file" instead of "New name".

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Mark Clarkstone 19 days ago

run tv_find_grabbers.. That is where tvh gets the info from..

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Davor Komljenovic 19 days ago

I had to install xmltv (was running ok without it) just to run tv_find_grabbers.

tv_find_grabbers correctly finds both of my files and lists the names correctly. So it looks like Tvheadend is not updating properly OR it was never working properly after the first time since I did not have xmltv installed. I will restart now and see what happens.

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Davor Komljenovic 19 days ago

I restarted Tvheadend and the problem is still there. It found all of the new grabbers that were installed when I installed xmltv but the ones I created and updated still have "old" names.

It seems the "config" file in epggrab folder does not update the name of the grabber after the first time it gets loaded in Tvheadend.

RE: Epggrab config file does not update module name for internal grabber - Added by Mark Clarkstone 19 days ago

So yes, it does appear like a bug, please open an issue.

    (1-6/6)