What steps do I need to take after getting tv_grab_file working?
I found a good XMLTV source which suits my needs for all Flemish and UK channels.
I notice that after setting up tv_grab_file I can select EPG Grab Source when adding/editing channels.
FYI I don't have a card hooked up to my tvheadend installation yet. I'm just trying to figure everything out before making the switch later. I do my research as good as I possibly can, I appreciate your contribution to help me rock tvheadend!
1. Tvheadend only supports one xmltv file right? I'll have to write a script to merge two xmltv files before moving them to the known location to tv_grab_file.
2. Do we need to manually add all channels or would the channels show up automatically after I have a DVB-S2 card hooked up and run a "scan for channels" of some sort?
3. I guess I cannot import the attached channel list into Tvheadend (yet). The channel ID's match with the channels in the XMLTV source so I guess ideally we could not only update the EPG by the xmltv file, but also update the channel list including satellite position tuning for each channel. Would this be a good feature request?
4. My xmltv file does not include icons so I guess I'll have to add them manually?
5. Is any of the EPG data and icons from Tvheadend used in the frontend PVR from XBMC or do we need to the EPG setup again in XBMC?
6. Can I use a combination of PyEPG (for UK) and XMLTV (for BE)?
RE: What steps do I need to take after getting tv_grab_file working? - Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago
1. As I know, only one grabber is supported if you use "Internal Grabber". You could also use "External Interfaces -> XMLTV" and send your xmltv files to xmltv.socket one by one like this.
./tv_grab_file1 | socat - UNIX-CONNECT:/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/epggrab/xmltv.sock
./tv_grab_file2 | socat - UNIX-CONNECT:/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/epggrab/xmltv.sock
2. You have to add the channels manually. You can "Map all Channels" of course, but this ends up maybe in 1800 channels (it depends on your setup). Map the channels you need, is easy.
3. I don' know
4. You have to add them manually for now. I run a small webserver on the same system for that. On each channel i define the icon like: http://192.168.1.10/picon/d8.png
5. XBMC use the EPG data and icons from tvheadend server, no separate setup needed in XBMC for that function.
6. Why not :). Enable it try it.
RE: What steps do I need to take after getting tv_grab_file working? - Added by Pieter Janssens almost 7 years ago
Thank you Jose.
I didn't know the linux socket setup was so easy, that's the way I'll go.
You're right, it would result in too many channels..