Feature #3353

Request, Configuration: Map configured CA and fixed CAID to channel

Added by Johann Reisner about 2 years ago. Updated 7 days ago.

Status:NewStart date:2015-11-29
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Configuration
Target version:-

Description

Hi,

it would be really great to map a channel to a specific CA and CAID.

Current:
It takes much effort to set the stream filters for some scrambled streams. One have to define many stream filters to ignore the undecryptable CAID's. If not any of the undecryptable streams are defined to ignore it is not possible to watch this stream. It's a huge effort to switch between the tabs / configuration settings to find out which CAID's are available at this service. It's some kind of try and error to find out the order, in which tvheadend tries to descramble any of them. One have to change the stream configuration from time to time, if the available CAID's change at this stream.

Should be:
This effort can be impressive reduced if it would be possible to set the decryptable CA and the matching CAID direct at configuration -> channels. I think of some kind of "whitelist" (at channel configuration) of the tuple of CA to use and the CAID which is encryptable by this CA for this channel.

I'm currently working with HTS Tvheadend 4.0.7-19~gaf1a36c. Would be great to see this feature in any (possible) future versions.

Please don't hesitate to ask for further informations if you want to.

Thank you.

CAs.png - Current configuration of CAs (34 KB) Johann Reisner, 2015-11-29 08:42

CA_STREAM_FILTERS.png - Current configuration of CA stream filters (89.8 KB) Johann Reisner, 2015-11-29 08:42

Suggestion.png - Future, at channel configuration: Map a channel to a configured CA and define CAID to use (194 KB) Johann Reisner, 2015-11-29 08:42

History

#1 Updated by Johann Reisner about 2 years ago

Edit: This feature would reduce the need of performance, too!

Imagine: Two or more connections are available via Oscam or something. Currently TVH tries all of them if one is accessable / decryptable. If one is not decryptable it gets a fail from Oscam and tries the next one until one works. With the settings of this feature request TVH is able to access directly to the right Oscam connection. This avoids a try-and-error process and saves performance on both systems: TVH and Oscam.

#2 Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 2 years ago

There are two ways to solve your requirements:

1) set your descrambling CAIDs as EXCLUSIVE in the CA filter list (in this way only this CAID is used when found)
2) use only one OSCAM DVBAPI/CAPMT connection to a OSCAM proxy which will serve your requests to multiple card servers.. you may modify priorities using oscam.dvbapi file

Also, you may prefer specific PID (not CAID but CA PID) for a service - see the service edit form. It's same as the proposed CAID selection. The CAID handling belongs to services not channels. And yes, this might be improved to show the list of available CA PIDs.

#3 Updated by Johann Reisner about 2 years ago

Thanks for your explanations.

1) I'll try and I think this might work. But then I'm not able to prefer a special card (use explicit connection) in case of doubled descrambling abilities (e.g. 2 cards, one of Sky with HD+ and a special HD+ card...)

2) In my case the cards are direct connected to the Oscam server (via newcamd service) with card readers. As far as I know it is not possible to map multiple CAIDs to one newcamd port. So there will always be a "try-and-error" to walk through the cards 'til one works. But I'm no real expert in this.

To the last one: Ah! In past this was shown up at the table grid. I totally missed to use / look at the edit form. Great hint, thx! But the one topic is still open (for me): To map it to a special card / connection. But maybe this is really a problem between ME and OSCAM, not TVH, which I weren't able to solve / understand.

#4 Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 2 years ago

I don't talk about newcamd - I talk about OSCAM's DVBAPI network interface (dvbapi through socket). It's called CAPMT CA client in TVH. See help in TVH.

#5 Updated by Johann Reisner about 2 years ago

Ok. I tried out, but I can't get it work. No descramling:

Dec  1 20:17:27 oscam: :27  1988DE0 c dvbapi: [ADD PID 0] CAID: 0xxx ECM_PID: 0xxx PROVID: 000000
Dec  1 20:17:27 oscam: :27  1988DE0 c dvbapi: Found 1 ECMpids and 1 STREAMpids in PMT
Dec  1 20:17:27 oscam: :27  1988DE0 c dvbapi: New program number: xxxx (abcde) [pmt_list_management 1]
Dec  1 20:17:27 oscam: :27  1988DE0 c dvbapi: Unsupported capmt. Please report

#6 Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 2 years ago

Do you use 'OSCam net protocol (rev >= 10389)' ? The older modes probably won't work.

#7 Updated by David Nersesyan 13 days ago

HI. There is such a question. For example, there are 2 scrambled channels and 2 CAs. Is there any way to ensure that these 2 channels do not use the same CA ? Тhese CAs are the same provider, and the newcamd servers of thes CAs allowing only one connection for 1 channel. Please help. Тorment for several days and nothing happens...

#8 Updated by Mark Clarkstone 13 days ago

David Nersesyan wrote:

HI. There is such a question. For example, there are 2 scrambled channels and 2 CAs. Is there any way to ensure that these 2 channels do not use the same CA ? Тhese CAs are the same provider, and the newcamd servers of thes CAs allowing only one connection for 1 channel. Please help. Тorment for several days and nothing happens...

There's an option to force CAID in the services tab (when editing a service).

#9 Updated by Joe User 13 days ago

I think he is talking about load balancing (making sure to use two different CAs when two channels are tuned.)
I have never done it, but it should be possible to do with oscam. So instead of setting up two CAs connecting directly to the server(s), create a CA connection to oscam and configure oscam to load balance between the two servers.

#10 Updated by David Nersesyan 7 days ago

Mark Clarkstone wrote:

David Nersesyan wrote:

HI. There is such a question. For example, there are 2 scrambled channels and 2 CAs. Is there any way to ensure that these 2 channels do not use the same CA ? Тhese CAs are the same provider, and the newcamd servers of thes CAs allowing only one connection for 1 channel. Please help. Тorment for several days and nothing happens...

There's an option to force CAID in the services tab (when editing a service).

I try, but not working

#11 Updated by David Nersesyan 7 days ago

Joe User wrote:

I think he is talking about load balancing (making sure to use two different CAs when two channels are tuned.)
I have never done it, but it should be possible to do with oscam. So instead of setting up two CAs connecting directly to the server(s), create a CA connection to oscam and configure oscam to load balance between the two servers.

Yes You are right, I want to making sure to use two different CAs when two channels are tuned.
I'll try with oscam...
Thank You

Also available in: Atom PDF