[SOLVED] DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work

Added by Rainer Dorsch 15 days ago

Hi,

I have a wetek play and run libreelec 8.2.5 on it. Unfortunately, a DVB-S scan does not work as expected.

I followed closely

https://youtu.be/IK2krP-oC-E

and got just 6 services

QVC2
QVC Deuschland
Cherie 25
Cherie 25
Bibel TV
Astra SDT

(see also screenshot http://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/tvh-wetek-play/Screenshot_20180701_093309.png

I am not sure what is going on here, I would have expected 0 or all services :-/

I also attach the network config screen:
http://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/tvh-wetek-play/Screenshot_20180701_094000.png

and the adapter config screens:
http://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/tvh-wetek-play/Screenshot_20180701_094124.png
http://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/tvh-wetek-play/Screenshot_20180701_094212.png

In /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log there is


2018-07-01 09:10:25.644 [ INFO] mpegts: 12551.5V in ASTRA - tuning on Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 #1 : DVB-S #0
2018-07-01 09:10:25.707 [ INFO] epggrab: 12551.5V in ASTRA - registering mux for OTA EPG
2018-07-01 09:10:25.738 [ INFO] subscription: 0505: "scan" subscribing to mux "12551.5V", weight: 5, adapter: "Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 #1 : DVB-S #0", network: "ASTRA",
service: "Raw PID Subscription"
2018-07-01 09:10:35.698 [ INFO] mpegts: 12551.5V in ASTRA scan complete
2018-07-01 09:10:35.698 [ INFO] subscription: 0505: "scan" unsubscribing

Any hint how to figure out what is going wrong is very welcome.

Many thanks
Rainer


Replies (6)

RE: DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Rainer Dorsch 15 days ago

I tried all kind of things, but nothing worked until chewitt in #libreelec suggested to add this mux manually:

https://imgur.com/a/3sRtl5h

This solved the problem entirely. I have no idea how and why that works, but I at least wanted to make this information available for others in case somebody else is bidden by this issue...

I decided to put it on solved, since I have no problem anymore....thinking of other users, it is certainly not solved until it is understood why this happens and the issue gets fixed.

RE: DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Mark Clarkstone 15 days ago

Rainer Dorsch wrote:

I tried all kind of things, but nothing worked until chewitt in #libreelec suggested to add this mux manually:

https://imgur.com/a/3sRtl5h

This solved the problem entirely. I have no idea how and why that works, but I at least wanted to make this information available for others in case somebody else is bidden by this issue...

I decided to put it on solved, since I have no problem anymore....thinking of other users, it is certainly not solved until it is understood why this happens and the issue gets fixed.

This is a simple one. The initial mux doesn't contain NIT (Network Information Table) data whereas the new mux does.

RE: [SOLVED] DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Rainer Dorsch 15 days ago

Hmmm...the initial mux was detected automatically, the new mux I added manually. For an average user like me that is non-trivial to find out (and w/o #libreelec it would have taken even longer...). What needs to change that configuring tvheadend becomes simple again for me :-) ?

RE: [SOLVED] DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Mark Clarkstone 15 days ago

Rainer Dorsch wrote:

Hmmm...the initial mux was detected automatically, the new mux I added manually. For an average user like me that is non-trivial to find out (and w/o #libreelec it would have taken even longer...). What needs to change that configuring tvheadend becomes simple again for me :-) ?

The seed data for for that satellite needs to be corrected.

RE: [SOLVED] DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Rainer Dorsch 14 days ago

How does that work, is a bugreport against dtv-scan-tables needed? If yes, can you open it, since you can probably better describe what is needed?

RE: [SOLVED] DVB-S scan on Wetek Play Does not work - Added by Mark Clarkstone 14 days ago

Rainer Dorsch wrote:

How does that work, is a bugreport against dtv-scan-tables needed? If yes, can you open it, since you can probably better describe what is needed?

You need to fork & clone that repository and create a PR (pull request) with your modifications of https://github.com/tvheadend/dtv-scan-tables/blob/tvheadend/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E

(1-6/6)