Is TVHeadend 4.2 a lot better than TVHeadend 4.1.2409.1

Added by Derek Noble 10 days ago

Hi,

I have TVHeadend 4.1.2409.1 running on a Synology NAS with two USB DVB-S2 tuners.
I have got it running OK.

I use a Wetek Play to run Kodi as a frontend and it also has 2 DVB-S2 tuners but it has TVHeadend 4.2 available.

I have loaded TVHeadend 4.2 on the Wetek but I am having some issues getting the Wetek to record any TV shows on the NAS (mounting nfs shares on the NAS - im not a Linux guru)

I would like to know people's opinion. Is TVHeadend 4.2 worth the effort of trying to get TVHeadend working on the Wetek or should I just stick with 4.1 on the NAS which is working OK?

Degsy

Replies (3)

RE: Is TVHeadend 4.2 a lot better than TVHeadend 4.1.2409.1 - Added by Robert Cameron 10 days ago

There is no 4.2. 4.1 is that development branch, and when it is "stable" it will become 4.2.

For your situation, they are the same thing,

RE: Is TVHeadend 4.2 a lot better than TVHeadend 4.1.2409.1 - Added by Derek Noble 10 days ago

So, is that why there is no 4.1 in the "roadmap", only 4.0 and 4.2?

RE: Is TVHeadend 4.2 a lot better than TVHeadend 4.1.2409.1 - Added by Robert Cameron 10 days ago

Common practice is that odd-numbered point releases are development/beta builds, and even-numbered releases are stable/release builds.

(1-3/3)