Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets?

Added by John Bergqvist about 1 year ago

When Scanning for DVB-S muxes (with Network Discovery on), I can find all the channels OK, as well as the BSkyB Bouquets, but not the Freesat ones. Is there a particular multiplex that i'm missing or that Network Discovery isn't picking up?

Replies (9)

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Mark Clarkstone about 1 year ago

You should have the home transponders 11778 V 27500, 11425 H 27500, 11425 is the one you want. Just play it in vlc for 60 seconds and it should pull the bouquets in.

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by John Bergqvist about 1 year ago

Well they're both in my muxes, and i've streamed both now and its playing back fine on VLC, but they're not adding any new bouquets. I have 230 bouquets in total (including the pre-installed fastscan ones, the rest being BSkyB bouquets it picked up during scanning).

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by John Bergqvist about 1 year ago

I have had the 'Over the air EPG' option UNticked for my Capture card, however surely if it was that causing the problem, I wouldn't have recieved the BSkyB Bouquets then?

The weird thing is it was picking the Freesat Bouquets up fine last night. All i've done since is deleted the Network (plus Muxes etc.) and re-created them all today.

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Michael Caddy about 1 year ago

I'm getting the same. I used TSReader and it appears that the Freesat Home transponder doesn't seem to have any Bouquet Allocation Tables.

Did you get any where with getting yours back?

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Fet Fer about 1 month ago

I know it is a while since this was posted but in case anyone searches for this.
Having this issue on a new 4.2 system, I persevered and found them on the BBC Olympics channel on Mux 11425H.

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Simon Russell 11 days ago

Sorry to resurrect again, but is this still the case (this is the most recent post I could find)? After clearing out and starting again, I'm playing the 11425H mux in VLC, but no bouquets are displaying. However, I don't have a BBC Olympics service either (used to have, I think). All the usual BSkyBs are listed. I have two "Freesat info" Services on 11425H and 11428H. Playing either doesn't seem to do anything.

A little new to this and trying to get the Freesat bouquets to list...

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Mark Clarkstone 11 days ago

Simon Russell wrote:

Sorry to resurrect again, but is this still the case (this is the most recent post I could find)? After clearing out and starting again, I'm playing the 11425H mux in VLC, but no bouquets are displaying. However, I don't have a BBC Olympics service either (used to have, I think). All the usual BSkyBs are listed. I have two "Freesat info" Services on 11425H and 11428H. Playing either doesn't seem to do anything.

A little new to this and trying to get the Freesat bouquets to list...

Make sure you've set the position for the network AND the freesat EPG grabber is enabled & try again.

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Simon Russell 10 days ago

Thank you for this - I think it came down to the EPG settings, that I originally knew nothing about as I was in Basic view.

I've now got generic bouquets, but no regional ones. I suspect it's related to this: https://tvheadend.org/issues/4543

Channels came through without numbers, but that's OK for now.

Thanks for your time. Ultimately I want to configure it to behave like a £20 freesat box and sort of just work. Getting there...

RE: Scanner unable to find Freesat Bouquets? - Added by Simon Russell 8 days ago

After a docker update today, a rescan and playing the 11425H and 11428H muxes, all bouquets appeared. All channels appear to be present with correct numbers (except for the numbering on Radio London). Several duplicates of ITV and Channel 4 just needed turning off, together with a couple of test/odd channels. Thanks for the help on this forum.

(1-9/9)