tv_grab_file missing from grabbers after TVH reinstall on DSM

Added by Steve Black 27 days ago

I had TVH working on DSM and recognizing tv_grab_file for a long time, including .2409 build. Had problems with updating to 2436/2437, eventually causing reinstall. Now with 2437 I cannot get it to recognize tv_grab_file. The script is in .../homes/tvheadend-testing directory, with mode 777, and with a symbolic link in /usr/bin. This used to work fine. I now have added a tv_find_grabbers script with same attributes and link, but it has not resolved the problem.

Any ideas what has changed or what I have forgotten?

[edit] I should also mention that I have restarted TVH and DSM numerous times in the course of trying to solve this.


Replies (2)

RE: tv_grab_file missing from grabbers after TVH reinstall on DSM - Added by George Kazaroth 21 days ago

Yes, the file is missing. If you need the file, there are 2 versions on the internet. I have the original but there is another out there that picks up a different xmltv filename. You can find the file at
https://github.com/rocky4546/script.xmltv.tvheadend/tree/master/usr/bin
You can check out the Wiki page for the GitHub project. It runs an install script based on using the zap2it.com site and assess your system to determine what is missing and tries to fix it. But if all you need is the grabber file, you can grab it from that spot.

RE: tv_grab_file missing from grabbers after TVH reinstall on DSM - Added by Steve Black 16 days ago

Thanks. I did have the file in place, but a review of the Wiki instructions eventually got me there. They don't appear to be entirely correct for DSM, but I'll have to analyze further to figure out exactly what it was the did the trick.

(1-2/2)